No announcement yet.

WHO SMOKES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am what we call a "social smoker" ("fumador social"). When I am surrounded by smokers, I have a cigarrette once in a while. That said, I don't smoke nor have planes to -- hopefully.

Comment

Only when I am mad No, I don't smoke.
      Click Here for my aviation photographs.
      No Frontiers

Comment

I don't smoke but a good cigar every now and then hits the spot.

Comment

I never have and never will.

Interestingly enough, there's currently a debate going on here on whether the local government should require cigarette manufacturers to put graphic pictures of the effects of smoking on every packet.

Flavoured fags are also starting to get sold here, with chocolate, strawberry and I don't know what else being offered to entice young people to smoke (yuck).

It's also an open secret that governments rake in billions of dollars of tax revenue from the sale of cigarettes each year.

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

Yes I smoke cigarettes, about 4 to 6 cigarettes a day. Never want to smoke more than that (been that way since 1999).

I had my first cigarette in 1995. Between 1995 and the end of 1998 I bought about 6 packets. I smoked when I went away on holidays by myself, and when I was with friends. Back in 1995 the legal tobacco smoking age in Australia was 16. The age changed to 18 in about 1998 I think (but could be wrong).

In 1999 I began to smoke as my friends had cigarettes. It wasn't a peer group pressure thing at all, it was a matter of me liking it. I am not a chain smoker- I keep cigarettes in the house the same way some people like to have other things in the house.

Yes there are possibilities/realities that smoking will damage your health.

I never smoke inside: always outside. I never smoke in front of other people, unless they say it's ok. I ask before I smoke, and I don't hold the cigarette at the table- the cigarette is down off to the side (and I do sit downwind, and breathe the smoke away over my shoulder away from people). I don't want to be included in the category of smokers who don't give a d@mn about the wishes of other people. Once I had a workman (doing work on the bathroom) come into my home with a lit cigarette dangling out of his mouth. This was about 2000. And throughout the few days that he was working he kept smoking in my home. I was not impressed, in fact I was really annoyed.

I'd never smoke on a plane, although I have smoked at airports (outside smoking sections where there is a flow of oxygen).

I know that there are people who don't like smoking, and to be totally honest I'd get upset if I was in a smoky environment.

TangoSierraVictor
            Australia bound!
            Sep 3 ICN-KIX JL964 767
            Sep 3~4 KIX-BNE JL777 747

Comment

WHO SMOKES?

Interestingly enough, there's currently a debate going on here on whether the local government should require cigarette manufacturers to put graphic pictures of the effects of smoking on every packet.

Flavoured fags are also starting to get sold here, with chocolate, strawberry and I don't know what else being offered to entice young people to smoke (yuck).

It's also an open secret that governments rake in billions of dollars of tax revenue from the sale of cigarettes each year.
              Same here in Germany. Our government would probably be even poorer than they already are without cigarette taxes. It's a two-sided story.

-Colin

Comment

Same here in France (and probably in most of the EU). The finance ministry conducted a lot of price increases, three last year alone. Now they think of allowing tobacconists to sell more different products such as CDs as an help to offset comission losses on cigs.
                Alain
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I've been smoke free for well over a year now, which is pretty good. I smoked around a pack a day for 10 years. Glad to be rid of it!
                  My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

I smoke the occassional cigar and pipe smoker (I used to smoke them a lot more until I got my current car about 2 months ago, I decided not to smoke any cigars or my pipe in this car at all.), I actually went about 6 weeks without smoking a cigar recently, I just didn't even think about it. I did smoke cigarettes a few years back, but I wasn't what you would call a major smoker. I'd buy a pack of smokes and they'd usually last me two weeks, as I'd usually smoke one maybe two a day. I'd occassionally smoke one when I was drinking, and have the occassional clove cigarette as well. I'm so used to not being around people who smoke that I can smell a smoker before I can see them.

Comment

I don't & I don't plan on it either.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Working...
                      X