Are you a runner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a runner?

Does anyone on this forum run for pleasure/exercise?

I try and run about 3-4 times a week averaging 3 miles per run. I guess I'm just all pumped up because:

1. This is the first time in over a month I've been up before 8am
    2. This morning I ran in a 5 Mile Lynchburg Roadrunners Race!
    3. I got a cool t-shirt at the race (You'd never see me down there running if they wern't handing out T shirts! :P )

In case you're wondering, my time was 39:49 (Averaging 7:58minute miles)

-Adam

If i try to run i get out of breath

Comment

I run, and I have about a 7:30 mile. I don't think I could be able to do a really long run, like the Chicago Marathon. That's not for me.

But I also have several T-Shirts, too

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
      October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

I have a respitory (sp?) problem. Its easier to say Asthma but my doctor doesnt want me to call it that, because i only get it when im sick and when i run for a long time like adam. Its practicaly the same thing, but its much less severe then Asthma, so that sets me back. Only time im gonan run is..
        1. to catch a hot girl..
        2. To save my life.
        3. or if im being chased......by a HOT GIRL!! (yeah that will ever happen... :P)

Alex
        Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

I run about 5 times a week. Usually anywhere between 20 minutes to one hour long, depending on how I feel. Btw my mile time is 5:25 which I'm still working on.
          Go Red Sox!!

48-38 7.0 games back

Comment

I try to run at least once a week. My average is 5.4 km, which I do in about 25/30 minutes. I have run San Fernando Race in Punta del Este, Uruguay, which is 10 km. I don't like those looong 42-km marathons.

Comment

While I dont run for fun at school I did 1.5 miles in 9 mins, which makes me able to join for the NZ army!
              Sam Rudge
              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

I try to run as much as I can, although I began little ago and by now I am pretty irregular (I got the wisdom teeth out, and some more things...).
                I like it, but I don't do it for pleasure, I am preparing for the Colombian Air Force tests, which require certain degree of proeficiency in running.

Comment

"I don't like running, but I do have a lot of endurance and leg power."

Comment

I ran once really fast. It happened when somebody stole my bike. I kicked him in the nuts from behind -hard, he went down, 2 police officers saw what happened; me, bike and thief ended up at the police station, I had to prove that it was my bike. I had both keys of both locks, so that was ok. Then the police officer asked the thief if he wanted to press charges against me for kicking his nuts. I glanced at him (the thief) with a hidden promise in my eyes of more kicks. He kindly refrained from pressing charges against me. He was sent away and I got lectured by those infenitly wise officers about not knocking someone down . Oh man...
                    But to stay on topic: no, I don't run for the fun of it. Only when it's necessary.

Tillerman.
                    They locked up a man
                    who wanted to rule the world
                    The fools
                    They locked up the wrong man

-Leonard Cohen, Songs Of Love And Hate

Comment

I am pretty dern slow. I can run a mile in under 8 minutes, but I have sports induced asthma (it aint serious--it just means I have to stop and catch my breath after about 2 miles).

Comment

Originally posted by Tillerman
                        I ran once really fast. It happened when somebody stole my bike. I kicked him in the nuts from behind -hard, he went down, 2 police officers saw what happened; me, bike and thief ended up at the police station, I had to prove that it was my bike. I had both keys of both locks, so that was ok. Then the police officer asked the thief if he wanted to press charges against me for kicking his nuts. I glanced at him (the thief) with a hidden promise in my eyes of more kicks. He kindly refrained from pressing charges against me. He was sent away and I got lectured by those infenitly wise officers about not knocking someone down . Oh man...
                        But to stay on topic: no, I don't run for the fun of it. Only when it's necessary.

Tillerman.
                        The SOB is a thief... shouldn't he be the one in trouble and have charges pressed against him

Comment

I run from the cops.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                            I run from the cops.
                            Only when they chase you down after photographing a plane! :P

Comment

My mile was around 7.35 before I started swimming. Haven't been timed since then, but I'm guessing it's dropped dramatically along with the 20 pounds I lost from swimming.
                              Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Working...
                              X