pop ups on JetPhotos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pop ups on JetPhotos

Boy its getting wicked. I'm getting loads of pop-ups now when I sign into this site.

Anyone else having this much of a problem?

No, I don't have a serious pop-up problem. But I do have TweakXP which includes that sweet little application called "blads.exe".

Comment

I have the google toolbar which blocks most pop-ups on other sites, but they seem to evade the system here. Weight-loss patches, "Adult Friend Finder!" That one really pisses me off. I don't need someone looking over my shoulder with that popping up on the screen. I appreciate this is a free site and pop-ups are just part of life here but I'd really like to see the adult-oriented ones go away - especially with much of the audience here being under 18.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

oops double post
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
          I appreciate this is a free site and pop-ups are just part of life here but I'd really like to see the adult-oriented ones go away - especially with much of the audience here being under 18.
          Speak for yourself!

---jk---

Seriously, though. I don't know what kind of pop-up blocker I have, but it works. I haven't seen a pop-up here in a long long time!

Comment

POP UPS??? What you guys talking about...I've NEVER seen one at JP.net....then again...I'm using MOZILLA browser, which automatically blocks them. Try it, you won't regret it.

Mozilla is the not-for-profit behind the lightning fast Firefox browser. We put people over profit to give everyone more power online.
            CostaRicaAviation.com

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

REMINDER:
              Topics like this belong in the "SITE RELATED" forum.
              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                I have the google toolbar which blocks most pop-ups on other sites, but they seem to evade the system here. Weight-loss patches, "Adult Friend Finder!" That one really pisses me off. I don't need someone looking over my shoulder with that popping up on the screen. I appreciate this is a free site and pop-ups are just part of life here but I'd really like to see the adult-oriented ones go away - especially with much of the audience here being under 18.
                I have the Google Toolbar too, and the pop-up blocker isn't perfect. But to get that many pop-ups, you have spyware. Go to www.lavasoft.de And download Ad-Aware 6 (it's free).

Hope this helps!
                Next Flight: SFO-JFK-Shannon on AA/Aer Lingus

Comment

Originally posted by aquiros
                  POP UPS??? What you guys talking about...I've NEVER seen one at JP.net....then again...I'm using MOZILLA browser, which automatically blocks them. Try it, you won't regret it.

http://www.mozilla.org
                  Since I've started using Mozilla, I haven't seen a pop up at all on Jp. Net, nor anywhere else for that matter. If you don't like Mozilla try the Google toolbar, it blocks most pop ups. A few, very few, get through.
                  CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

Originally posted by CheckSix
                    Originally posted by aquiros

http://www.mozilla.org
                    Since I've started using Mozilla, I haven't seen a pop up at all on Jp. Net, nor anywhere else for that matter. If you don't like Mozilla try the Google toolbar, it blocks most pop ups. A few, very few, get through.
                    I Mozilla.

I use them and have NO popups. Firefox is great.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
                    October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

What we need is chris to do is start having paying memberships, because its a great way to support the site and not be annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                        What we need is chris to do is start having paying memberships, because its a great way to support the site and not be annoyed.
                        I don't think a one time fee of $25 from a few ppl is gonna do much... a.net has many more ppl active posting there.

Comment

Your forgetting that there are many people here who are here because they are too cheap to pay to join a.net. If that happens, I would hope it's optional.

Comment

Chris said that the forum will always be free. However he also said that he is working on a system that so you can pay and then not have popups.

Comment

That would be good!

Comment

Working...
                              X