• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The city...

A collection of shots from my outing in downtown LA right before I left:

5th and Flower : west

View south from The Standard

The Standard, a trendy, expensive and hip rooftop bar/club in the heart of downtown. To the left of this shot, a photographer was shooting a model in a white bikini with an umbrella flash setup. Oh I envied him!!!!!

Nice little viewing scopes for those without binoculars...

5th and Flower : south

Self portrait in a mirror:

-Clovis

I never quite got it... why do people go up to the tops of buildings to pay money to look at things on the ground??

Anyway, great pictures!... I was only downtown LA once and don't remember it... keep them city and sunset pics coming!
    www.acairport.com

Comment

All I know is as soon as I turn 21 I'm hitting the Standard on a Saturday night!!!

-Clovis

Comment

i like the last pic, very nicely composed. Nice use of curved mirror to make an unique picture.

Comment

Thanks, I saw it and knew it would look interesting...took several shots before I found that one to look best. Exposure was difficult with the bright buildings.

-Clovis

Comment

Nice shots, some fantastic scenery You wanting to take this photography thing seriously has really given you the eye for it. I've seen some real nice shots from you recently.

What lens/lenses did you use for those shots above?

Comment

All those shots with my recently purchased Canon 24-85 3.5-4 USM.
              Thanks Dale.

-C

Comment

Good to see someone loves the city they live in, especially one as big like LA.

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

Here's some of Chicago from last weekend at the Shedd Aquarium...
                  Building with two towers is the John Hancock Center...

Shedd Aquarium at lower left...

Sears Tower, aircraft in picture is in pattern for ORD and about to make a 180 back towards 27L...where I headed right after this shot.
                  George R. Widener
                  Oshkosh, WI USA
                  Aircraft Photos Here
                  Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Chicago is one of my favorite cities in the US, if not my favorite... such a beautiful city!
                    www.acairport.com

Comment

I took some really cool ones when I was there last weekend. Maybe I'll post some tomorrow.

Comment

Probably my favorite thing about downtown Chicago is the different styles of architecture...lots of neat stuff that you don't notice unless you REALLY look for it. They just don't build buildings like that anymore...
                        George R. Widener
                        Oshkosh, WI USA
                        Aircraft Photos Here
                        Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

In Chicago, every building is a statement or revolution, not just a building. That is what i love about Chicago. We went to Oak Park on this last trip. Amazing! So revolutionary! For someone like me who loves both architecture and airplanes, but hates cold weather, Chicago in the summer is the perfect place to be!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                            but hates cold weather, Chicago in the summer is the perfect place to be!
                            But, whatsa matter? You can't handle those cold winter days?
                            This is just another day at the office for me...

George R. Widener
                            Oshkosh, WI USA
                            Aircraft Photos Here
                            Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

I can handle it, but I find temperatures above 90 degrees and below 40 degrees annoying.

Oh the poor, sheltered little southern boy I am!

Comment

Working...
                              X