Which state do Simpsons live in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which state do Simpsons live in?

I know, almost everybody is tired of this topic but I can't help noticing two hints they gave out:

....in one title, they zoom out of the Simpsons house and as the zoom out, you can see roughly which state it is.

....in one episode, Bart is playing some sport match and in the audience, there is Hank hill and his family present (KING OF THE HILL). We know they are from Arlen, Texas and in that episode, Hank looks at Bobby and says "We drove *** miles to see this?" (sorry, I forgot the distance).
    You only have one life...

Make wise decisions and live freely.

Springfield, Massachusetts haha.....I'm slighty biased since I live near it.
    Go Red Sox!!

48-38 7.0 games back

Comment

Actually there was an episode that did a parody of VH1's Behind The Music' called 'Behind The Laughter' and towards the end of the show, the narrator said something to the effect...."This northern Kentucky family" or something along those lines. Though I doubt seriously that they live in Kentucky. I don't seem to recall too many seaports in Kentucky as well as deserts or palm trees. Frankly I have no ideal but I doubt that Mass, Missouri or Illinois are contenders for being the Simpson's home state.

Aldo

Comment

I hope y'all are joking!

It's just supposed to be a generic city and Springfield is a generic name...

Comment

The Simpsons are from Kentucky, but they moved from Kentucky to Springfield. I remember that a crazy Simpsonatic actually build a house that exactly looked like the one on TV, but it was reportedly torn down. Too bad .

-Colin

Comment

LOL this is a great show. Except for the new ones, those ones are weak.

Lisa once said "Its a mystery yes, but if you follow the clues you can figure it out."
            This is FrontierFlyer (had to change my name)

HOMESTAR is my homedawg.

Comment

Originally posted by COOlcc88
              LOL this is a great show. Except for the new ones, those ones are weak.

Lisa once said "Its a mystery yes, but if you follow the clues you can figure it out."
              Totally agree. The show should have been ended about 3 years ago atleast. On average only 1 out of every 10 episodes is semi-alright. They're only in it for the money now.
              Earl From Regina

Comment

The first 2 years sucked. Now they are funnier!

Comment

At least in the newer episodes they have more aviation references. Like the Episode where the planes are flying lowere and lower over the Simpsons' house and one crashes into their house, prompting Lisa to say "This is not a Delta hub!" , or where they have to connect in Nome, "because it's their hub (Marge)". As long as they make such refernces, they can continue .

-Colin

Comment

Yeah...there is one where they show the springfield airport with a sign in front of it saying "No crashes since yesterday" and then a plane crashes...

Comment

I enjoyed their refrences to the now long gone Eastern Airlines during their visit to EPCOT and not forgetting Professor Frink's sharp tonged comments towards US Air.

Unfortunely it would appear that the Simpsons are losing their edge. With funnier and shaper fare like "Futurama" (is this still in production?) the return of the "Family Guy" in '05' as well as CN's "Adult Swim" the Simpsons seem just a tad dated, imo.

Aldo

Comment

They don't actually live in any particular state... Springfield is a very common city name in the United States, but the home of the Simpsons does not actually exist anywhere.

It's kind of like That 70s Show... no one knows where Fez is from. The Simpsons runs the same gag.

Mr Burns: "Sorry about the landing, boys. This fog is so thick I can't even see my own cataracts!" hahaha I love that episode.
                        My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Its somewhere in Oregon or Washington.
                          Click & Help

ONE

Comment

Originally posted by UFOSPACE99
                            I enjoyed their refrences to the now long gone Eastern Airlines during their visit to EPCOT and not forgetting Professor Frink's sharp tonged comments towards US Air.

Unfortunely it would appear that the Simpsons are losing their edge. With funnier and shaper fare like "Futurama" (is this still in production?) the return of the "Family Guy" in '05' as well as CN's "Adult Swim" the Simpsons seem just a tad dated, imo.

Aldo

Futurama is still running on CN's Adult Swim. Unfortunantly, they run it at the same time as the Simpsons; 10pm ct.
                            -ryan-

Comment

Working...
                            X