Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thunderstorm + Motorcycles = bad times!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderstorm + Motorcycles = bad times!!!

Last night I was at work and a storm came thru..... well the storm lasted like 2 hours then died down.... I thought..... I was on my way home and It kicked up again..... I was on my motorcycle, first thunderstorm ride.... not fun.... I had all my rain gear on and my full face helmet so the rain wasnt much of a problem... visibility was ok.... If it was any worse I would have had to stop and wait it out...... had to take slower back roads instead of the highway.... I did like 30 all the way home....
    Anyone else have a storm story to share???
    -Frogman

I was at a friends lakehouse in South Carolina (Lake Hartwell for those of you who know it) a year or two ago out on their jetski... I cruised around, and ended up getting a pretty good distance from their dock. On my way back, a summer shower hit... I hauled ass when I saw the black clouds and let me tell you - raindrops on your bare hands/legs/face at 40+ mph ain't fun. I had to slow it to about 10 and it took me FOREVER to get back... Thankfully I didn't get caught by the ranger because I didn't have a Jetski certificate. Returning to the 'rents wasn't much better though... They were not happy to say the least.
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos on here!
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos...over there!

Comment

Working...
    X