Official JP.Net Meeting Number 2 Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official JP.Net Meeting Number 2 Ideas

So if there is going to be another meet I think the small matter of ideas needs to be sorted out first. So what better time to so this than right now in this topic.

After not been able to make the LAX meet due to other travel arrangements I am thriving more than ever to help plan and organise the next meet.

A few thoughts from me before you all post your ideas, I personally think we should look at having the meet in over 12 months time, this will allow all members wanting to make the meet time to save for it if they need to fly, also accommodation and spending money.

The Location can be anywhere but essentialy interesting and even more importantly somewhere which is relitively easy to get to worldwide (i know thats a hard one). Also think about it, not all jp.net members are lucky enough to have access to staff travel with airlines, so if they want to get to the meet and they are a good 9 hours flying time away you have to think of the cost, which is why a meet in over 12 months is also essential in my opinion.

Hopefully I can get in touch with Kevin, Greg and Adam if they are helping organise the meet, almsot in contact with James and Dale daily on MSN so they are not a problem to get hold of.

Also just one more thing to think of when a destination is chosen......what can we do there apart from hang around the airport. I will shove a few more of my ideas later on.
    E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Great idea! Yes, i think we should get atleast an idea of where the next meet up is going to be..
    ***My Blog***

Comment

MIAMI!!!! or if you really want to go somewhere exotic , UIO!! HAHAHA
      MY EMAIL IS [email protected]

Iberia A340 Lover-EC-GLE

Comment

I would prefer somewhere away from the US but only because the first meet was there. If it has to be USA then maybe ATL or MIA. My preference would be Sydney, there is plenty to do there away from the airport and there are cheap flights out to BNE and MEL etc for people wanting to go to other places too. SYD also happens to be one of the best airports for photo spots.

Long way from Europe and the US though.

Matt
        My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

then UIO!!!
          MY EMAIL IS [email protected]

Iberia A340 Lover-EC-GLE

Comment

ATL or MIA are good ...I can drive there if I can't find cheap air tickets. If not, please consider a location where airfare, accomondations and spending money will not go over $1000USD. Most of us are still students (high school or college) so we do not have that much money to spend on a trip. I won't mind visiting another country as long as cost is within reason. Also, summer may not be the best time because of heat distortion.

My list:
            YVR
            SEA
            YYZ
            LAS (we can all crash over at Chris Kilroy's place )
            Click Here for my aviation photographs.
            No Frontiers

Comment

I say this time it be on the eastern Side of the USA.... If its international I probably can't make it..i have to get my passport renewed...

-PIAA310
              ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
                If its international I probably can't make it..i have to get my passport renewed...

-PIAA310
                Shouldn't be a big problem to renew your passport if you are US citizen, no?
                No Frontiers

Comment

My List-

Rio de Janerio
                  CDG (Paris Air Show 2005)
                  Zurich
                  MAN/LHR/LGW
                  Anchorage, AK

I think it's important we go somewhere where there are other things to do! I would like to make the next one a week long or 1.5 week trip. That way, we will have suffecient time to shoot, visit, and do other things that would just be fun to do! Unfortunalty in LAX, we were all together for like 1-2 days which made it hard to decide on what to do.

-Adam

Comment

ANC would be good- so would MIA. I would think somewhere in the US because the majority of members are from the US, and it could be very expensive to go really far.

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
                    October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Comment

Originally posted by b777
                      If its international I probably can't make it..i have to get my passport renewed...

-PIAA310

its easy...but i am too lazy to go..
                      ***My Blog***

Comment

weak...you got one whole year to get your lazy ass off the couch
                        No Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by b777

-PIAA310

Wow. So we should all miss out on breathtaking places like Sydney and SXM, because you are too lazy to renew your passport? Especially considering the fact that we are planning this 1 year in advance just so people have time to prepare...
                          Will F.
                          Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Alright Alright.....i'll get it renewed....
                            ***My Blog***

Comment

Official???

Comment

Working...
                              X