Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• srbmod
    Guest replied
    The cost of going to SYD is a hinderance to those of us working stiffs as well. I'm still figuring out a budget so that I can go on vacation next year (that is if I don't change jobs in the next few months), and still have some pocket change every paycheck. Which is why I voted for ATL, since I live and work close to it. There are members of JP.net (and AD.com) that live in and around the Atlanta area, so there's a bit of a network there to help in planning things in regards to accomodations, transportation, and for organizing other activities.

Leave a comment:

• PortColumbus
    started a poll Unofficial 2005 Jp.net US meetup

Unofficial 2005 Jp.net US meetup

YYZ
    0%
    ATL
    0%
    PHL
    0%
    MIA
    0%
    NYC Area
    0%
    CLT
    0%
    DCA, IAD, and/or BWI
    0%
    ORD
    0%
    Since SYD will likely be out of the reach of many of us financially, who would like to do a meetup in 2005 in the United States? I've make a small list of popular destinations discussed in the official meetup thread. If there are any other destination suggestions, please speak up and we will discuss.

When does school get out for most of you? I'd like to think the middle of June would work out ok, any suggestions of possible dates or dates that are incompatible with your schedule?

If there's enough support for this, we can go ahead and work on a firm schedule and destination, and make hospitality/transportation arrangements.

Since cost is the main hinderance to many going to SYD, let's try to make this affordable for as many people as we can.

This is not some whiny thread complaining about SYD, it's an opportunity to plan an affordable large get-together for our younger members who cannot make it to SYD, with plenty of time to gather support and solve scheduling issues.
Working...
X