X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c72
    Originally posted by PortColumbus
    Originally posted by Longreach747
    how about we have a JP crew meetup and the rest can get stuffed!

atleast we know we will have a quick and easy consensus unlike these kids who expect us to fly to the USA again.
    Keep the smartass comments out of here. We don't all have the resources to go globetrotting like yourself, and this is completely seperate from whatever meet you concoct.

So what if the Main meet up ended up in your own back yard, or even ATL, ORD, JFK....who knows?? I know the story will be alot different if that was the case, which is why I made my post.

Mr. Longreach747 has already stated it will NOT be in North America.
    Monty has a right to say what he wants..............the "smartass comment" is rude, he puts alot of time into this site, so think twice when you "bash" a crew member!
    It was a smartass comment, his more rude than mine. If you have no interest in this meetup, please let us be.
    My photos on jp.net

Comment

Originally posted by fly1346
      damn i can feel a fight breaking out!!

When will the meet be, maybe we can have 1 more this year at the spot that gets voted the highest on the poll!!! (Hopefully NYC)

Are most of you still in school? I was thinking somewhere in June, when most schools and universities are out. Preferrably a weekend, right?
      My photos on jp.net

Comment

I am in high school. It would be preferable if you could do it over a long weekend, being that I would fly over from Alaska. What were you saying about June?
        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by c72

atleast we know we will have a quick and easy consensus unlike these kids who expect us to fly to the USA again.
          Keep the smartass comments out of here. We don't all have the resources to go globetrotting like yourself, and this is completely seperate from whatever meet you concoct.

So what if the Main meet up ended up in your own back yard, or even ATL, ORD, JFK....who knows?? I know the story will be alot different if that was the case, which is why I made my post.

Monty has a right to say what he wants..............the "smartass comment" is rude, he puts alot of time into this site, so think twice when you "bash" a crew member!
          thanks steve.

Columbus, you know how i afford to go globetrotting? i work my tits off and save money, easy concept, go try it!

i like the idea of a JP crew meet, i think it would workout well!

and we can leave the kids to make there own plans. i'll raise it in the crew forum!

next trips
          USA/DXB August.

Comment

I'm not out to bash anyone, crew or not..

But an unofficial meeting in the US would sound great! I live in Europe myself, and I'd definitely do my best to come. I would if it was anywhere else too, but Australia is a little out of reach for those who do not live there I believe.
            ~*~Janni~*~

Comment

Originally posted by c72

thanks steve.

Columbus, you know how i afford to go globetrotting? i work my tits off and save money, easy concept, go try it!

i like the idea of a JP crew meet, i think it would workout well!

and we can leave the kids to make there own plans. i'll raise it in the crew forum!
              I already work my tits off, but $3k to take photos is not sensible for me.
              My photos on jp.net

Comment

Originally posted by jannichan
                I'm not out to bash anyone, crew or not..

But an unofficial meeting in the US would sound great! I live in Europe myself, and I'd definitely do my best to come. I would if it was anywhere else too, but Australia is a little out of reach for those who do not live there I believe.
                ~*~Janni~*~
                Well, it looks like our major meet will be at ATL, and maybe a smaller meet at PHL or NYC later on. I hope you can make it!

Does anyone have a specific date suggestion? Monday May 30, 2005 is Memorial Day, so we could possibly do that weekend. July 4th is also on a Monday, so those who need to travel can have an extra day to get back. Any preferences so far?
                My photos on jp.net

Comment

Just to let you all know, if this meet is going to be planned for next year, you might want to remove CLT from the list because there is a fourth runway under construction right now and by next year, all the prime locations for spotting might be swallowed up by the project.

Also the NYC area and Washington DC may not be the best places because sensitivity to terror alerts may mess up people who live far away. I doubt airport authorities are going to allow spotting at those airports on a high alert.
                  Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                  No Frontiers

Comment

AMS
                    My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

Originally posted by b777
                      Just to let you all know, if this meet is going to be planned for next year, you might want to remove CLT from the list because there is a fourth runway under construction right now and by next year, all the prime locations for spotting might be swallowed up by the project.

Also the NYC area and Washington DC may not be the best places because sensitivity to terror alerts may mess up people who live far away. I doubt airport authorities are going to allow spotting at those airports on a high alert.
                      Thanks for the heads up. I think ATL for our main meet has pretty much been decided, so we should be alright.
                      My photos on jp.net

Comment

ya, ATL sounds great! Is there a good mix there? My friend told me when he was there for 15 minutes everything was Delta Connection and Delta. The only other things he saw was an Air Tran 717 and an Aeromexico Md80. That was 2 years ago, how is it now?

How does an airline thats going bankrupt sign new regional carriers, launch a discount airline, purchase new planes, AND repaint their fleet? I dunno, ask United.

Fly1346 wrote: we have a SXM rite here at LGA!!! All you got to do is add the topless chicks

My Pics on J.net

Comment

Originally posted by Chasen_KSFO
                          ya, ATL sounds great! Is there a good mix there? My friend told me when he was there for 15 minutes everything was Delta Connection and Delta. The only other things he saw was an Air Tran 717 and an Aeromexico Md80. That was 2 years ago, how is it now?
                          Well, obviously it's a Delta megahub, but AirTran has gotten to be quite large also. Just running down Flytecomm I see the following notables:

Aeromexico
                          Air France
                          Air Jamaica
                          Airborne Express
                          British Airways
                          China Airlines
                          Eva
                          Japan
                          Korean
                          Lufthansa
                          Martinair Holland
                          Miami Air
                          Omni
                          Polar Air Cargo
                          South African

Along with most of the other domestic carriers, including Hooters, Frontier, and Indy Air.

The traffic is there, the spotting locations are there, and it's convenient for most. Let's do it.
                          My photos on jp.net

Comment

Originally posted by Chasen_KSFO
                            Well, obviously it's a Delta megahub, but AirTran has gotten to be quite large also. Just running down Flytecomm I see the following notables:

Aeromexico
                            Air France
                            Air Jamaica
                            Airborne Express
                            British Airways
                            China Airlines
                            Eva
                            Japan
                            Korean
                            Lufthansa
                            Martinair Holland
                            Miami Air
                            Omni
                            Polar Air Cargo
                            South African

Along with most of the other domestic carriers, including Hooters, Frontier, and Indy Air.

The traffic is there, the spotting locations are there, and it's convenient for most. Let's do it.
                            Sounds good! At least I won't see SAS as much as I do here in Denmark... they're EVERYWHERE *screams*!!!
                            ~*~Janni~*~

Comment

I am up for it. Infact I will fly from Alaska for.
                              You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

ATL would be decent for me, as long as the dates don't mix when I'm in England. If they do, oh well, but $250 and less from MLI-ATL sure beats the $1795 and up from ORD-SYD.
                                It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X