Unofficial 2005 Jp.net US meetup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PortColumbus
    Anyone know what the minimum age for the Renaissance is? It's pretty swank, so I'm guessing 21. I know any hotel in the Choice Hotels chain is 19, so that's why I'm leaning towards the Clarion or the Sleep Inn.
    ... dang... I won't even be 19 when I go...
    ~*~Janni~*~

Comment

Originally posted by jannichan
      Anyone know what the minimum age for the Renaissance is? It's pretty swank, so I'm guessing 21. I know any hotel in the Choice Hotels chain is 19, so that's why I'm leaning towards the Clarion or the Sleep Inn.
      ... dang... I won't even be 19 when I go...
      ~*~Janni~*~
      I've had mixed experiences. I was able to check into a Ramada in Kentucky last 2 months ago, the Wingate Inn at BWI, and a Holiday Inn Express in Nashville, all at age 17/18. The only problem I had was at the biggest shithole on this planet, a Studio 6 in Dayton.
      My photos on jp.net

Comment

I don't suspect that at 34 I'll have any trouble with either the hotel room or the rental car.
        George R. Widener
        Oshkosh, WI USA
        Aircraft Photos Here
        Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

got room for one more in ur car?
          I am thinking of getting the Renaissance for the view. However, I would need a few roommates to split the cost so any of you that are going are welcome to stay with me. Don't worry about age since I will be 23 and pullin4u (George R. Widener) is older. Maybe we can rent a van or two so we can fit in as few vehicles as possible. Some one older than I would have to do that because it is almost impossible to rent a car if you are under 25 Otherwise, I can fit four in my car.

Originally posted by pullin4u
          I don't suspect that at 34 I'll have any trouble with either the hotel room or the rental car.
          Yea, we "kids" will let you do all the work!
          Click Here for my aviation photographs.
          No Frontiers

Comment

Sounds good b777,I'll probably crash with u then. i didnt know how the hell i was gonna pull this off . lol

How does an airline thats going bankrupt sign new regional carriers, launch a discount airline, purchase new planes, AND repaint their fleet? I dunno, ask United.

Fly1346 wrote: we have a SXM rite here at LGA!!! All you got to do is add the topless chicks

My Pics on J.net

Comment

If you're about 5' and don't weigh a lot. Don't got much backseat room and my engine is pretty gutless. Expect my 0-60 with 3 people to be around 2 minutes.

Damn it, im 6'1. lol

How does an airline thats going bankrupt sign new regional carriers, launch a discount airline, purchase new planes, AND repaint their fleet? I dunno, ask United.

Fly1346 wrote: we have a SXM rite here at LGA!!! All you got to do is add the topless chicks

My Pics on J.net

Comment

Originally posted by Chasen_KSFO

If you're about 5' and don't weigh a lot. Don't got much backseat room and my engine is pretty gutless. Expect my 0-60 with 3 people to be around 2 minutes.

Damn it, im 6'1. lol
                Haha, you'd fit, but it'd be like flying Ryanair.

I cancelled my 2 nights of hotel in Richmond for the NASCAR race in May, so I have $76/night to spend on hotel in Atlanta. Renaissance here I come.
                My photos on jp.net

Comment

ryan air?!

GOD NO! Anything but that! . Lol, jk. Its fine with me.

My Pics on J.net

Comment

Originally posted by Chasen_KSFO
                    Sounds good b777,I'll probably crash with u then.
                    Me too if it's possible
                    ~*~Janni~*~

Comment

• How good a view does the hotel have? Can I get pics with my 600mm-1000mm telophoto lense?

My Pics on J.net

Comment

• Originally posted by Chasen_KSFO
                        How good a view does the hotel have? Can I get pics with my 600mm-1000mm telophoto lense?
                        Wow, what do you have...a bazooka ?! I think 300mm and above should be decent. I still need to get a longer lens since my 28-105mm is not going to cut it!

Btw, Chasen_KSFO and Janni, you are both welcome to tag along.
                        Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                        No Frontiers

Comment

• Originally posted by b777
                          I am thinking of getting the Renaissance for the view. However, I would need a few roommates to split the cost so any of you that are going are welcome to stay with me. Don't worry about age since I will be 23 and pullin4u (George R. Widener) is older. Maybe we can rent a van or two so we can fit in as few vehicles as possible. Some one older than I would have to do that because it is almost impossible to rent a car if you are under 25 Otherwise, I can fit four in my car.

Originally posted by pullin4u
                          Yea, we "kids" will let you do all the work!

I'll split the cost with you then....i was going to split it with G-midy...maybe he can stay with us in the hotel also..

Also..change the title of the thread to "OFFICAL 2005 jp.net US meetup"
                          ***My Blog***

Comment

• Originally posted by Chasen_KSFO

Damn it, im 6'1. lol

Damn!! i am 6'1 also!
                            ***My Blog***

Comment

• I would more than likely stay at the hotel with the best view, so if that is the Renaissance then that'll be the one. I don't mind splitting the room cost with others, and likewise a rental car.
                              I'll tip everyone off now, so nobody is surprised- I don't drink, and don't even ask me to buy any for anyone underage. I'm making the trip to spot aircraft, not party and get drunk. (I'm not saying that anyone had those intentions, but wanted to make myself clear about it)
                              That said, I think we are moving along on this pretty well.
                              I currently spot with a 75-300 EF USM on a Canon 300D, and hopefully will have my 100-400L in the spring, in time for the meet.
                              George R. Widener
                              Oshkosh, WI USA
                              Aircraft Photos Here
                              Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

• Alright..Whos going to let me borrow thier camera??....

Because i don't have that much zoom on my Minolta Xtsi...only 20-80mm
                                ***My Blog***

Comment

Working...
                                X