Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 1998 Riot In Indonesia This September ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 1998 Riot In Indonesia This September ????

Hi, i just heard this BAD news from a reliable source.

Many university students & some .... are planning another 1998 riot in this September IF Megawati wins this election. There is also rumour that they are going to launch another ANTI-CHINESE campaign in Indonesia.

Chinese, represent only 3% (6 million) of the population in Indonesia will be .... target in the coming riot. Nothing much have changed after the 1998 riot in Jakarta & Solo City, Chinese, one of the smallest etcnic group in Indonesia is still the country's most powerful economic group, controlling about 70% of its private wealth & banking sector , i didn't know it's this much, i thought only 40%.

During the rioting in May 1998, which struck during Indonesia's worst economic crisis in 30 years, many businesses & homes of the ethnic Chinese minority were targeted by mobs.

Human rights said that more than 168 women, mostly ethnic Chinese, were RAPED during the unrest in Indonesia, which killed more than 1200 people in just 3 days & led to the resignation of President Soeharto.

Indonesian Chinese, who are not allowed to speak their own language & they are banned from celebrating Chinese New Year in the past 30 years is now allowed to do so again. It was Gus Dur - Wahid Abdurrahman who changed this cruel rule.

I hope it's just a rumour, what are they (....) thinking actually ????
    Alitalia > Always Late In Take-off Always Late In Arrival
    American Airlines > Always Awful
    PAL - phillippine airlines > Plane Always Late
    BWIA > But Will It Arrives
    CAAC > Crash All Around China / Chinese Airliners Always Crash
    JAL - Japan Airlines > Just Another Loser
    QANTAS > Quick And Nasty Transport Australian Style
    TWA - Trans World Airlines > Terrorist Welcome Aboard / The Worst Airline
    UTA > Unlikely To Arrive
    MAS - Malaysia Airlines > Money And Sex
    SIA - Singapore Airlines > Stupid Idiots Aboard
    Aufganza mīntīdok orija zuedkaj upps'shaff fīnstrok dīr dcuber sakundar.

WTF?!?! I'd like to hear what they're thinking too... it's bloody EVIL
    -Janni

Comment

I highly doubt it, maybe small harmless pro-Megawati demonstration maybe but no riot. I have full confidence that SBY will win the election, virtually every Indonesian I know thinks Megawati is an idiot (save for my die-hard Megawati supporting uncle). Stability is only about as lasting as the commitment to reform in Indonesia and SBY looks committed.

And I also doubt there'll be any anti-Chinese riots. As bad as that was, that seemed like a spur of the moment thing where anger was misdirected as a result of Suharto.

Comment

Originally posted by A340_flyer
        I highly doubt it, maybe small harmless pro-Megawati demonstration maybe but no riot.
        Well, i hope it just a small demonstration in Jakarta Pusat only IF after the election.

I have full confidence that SBY will win the election, virtually every Indonesian I know thinks Megawati is an idiot (save for my die-hard Megawati supporting uncle). Stability is only about as lasting as the commitment to reform in Indonesia and SBY looks committed.
        I hope he will wins too.

And I also doubt there'll be any anti-Chinese riots. As bad as that was, that seemed like a spur of the moment thing where anger was misdirected as a result of Suharto.
        Tapi ini udah berlaku 6 taun lalu dan juga taun 60-an. Misdirected ???? kalo betul, mereka nggak payah bakar semua harta benda Bangsa Cina & memperkosa cewek Cina.

By the way, u got a mail.
        Alitalia > Always Late In Take-off Always Late In Arrival
        American Airlines > Always Awful
        PAL - phillippine airlines > Plane Always Late
        BWIA > But Will It Arrives
        CAAC > Crash All Around China / Chinese Airliners Always Crash
        JAL - Japan Airlines > Just Another Loser
        QANTAS > Quick And Nasty Transport Australian Style
        TWA - Trans World Airlines > Terrorist Welcome Aboard / The Worst Airline
        UTA > Unlikely To Arrive
        MAS - Malaysia Airlines > Money And Sex
        SIA - Singapore Airlines > Stupid Idiots Aboard
        Aufganza mīntīdok orija zuedkaj upps'shaff fīnstrok dīr dcuber sakundar.

Comment

Working...
        X