Foreign Exchange Students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Exchange Students

I have a foreign exchange student coming from Sicily on Saturday. Do you guys get foreign exchange students? How many have housed one?
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Foreign exchange students are awesome. When I was in elementary school, we had 2 come stay at our house for 1 year of their senior year of HS. One was from Brazil and the other was from Germany.

Having them at your house enrichens your life while enrichening theirs! Both of ours were girls so It was like I had a big sister! I am so happy we had them and hope to have foreign exchange students at my house when I am grown.

You should have an awesome time

-Adam

Comment

I wouldn't be too up on having ppl i don't know come live at my house

But thats just me

Comment

I can't speak for all of Charleston, but I have never heard of any such program here. If it is a Public School thing, we prolly don't have it, as our P.S. system (maybe it should be B.S. system) is the 2nd worst in the nation.

Comment

I want to be a foreign exchange student...

Anybody want to take me?

Comment

My parents have.

One when I was a lot younger, a Panamanian student. He couldn't take all of his stuff with him when he returned and asked my parents to ship it to him. After they tried to get it together and started finding things that he had stolen from people we knew, the package was small enough that he could have taken it with him!

Several years later (I was by then married and out of the house), they had a couple of Japanese students. These ladies still write even though this was a few years ago.

Comment

I had a foreign exchange student from France in 2000. I didn't like it. It was hard to communicate and i didn't really like him that much.

Later that year I went over to France as an exchange student. I'm sure it would've been a blast if I knew a little more french, but I still had a good time.
              GO SIOUX

Comment

One when I was a lot younger, a Panamanian student. He couldn't take all of his stuff with him when he returned and asked my parents to ship it to him. After they tried to get it together and started finding things that he had stolen from people we knew, the package was small enough that he could have taken it with him!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg

Anybody want to take me?
                  Does South Carolina count?

Are rednecks foriegners?

Comment

My family took an exchange student from France back when I was in HS, talk about a train wreck. He didn't speak a word of English and would only eat eggs. BTW the time he left he we were happy to see him go.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                      I can't speak for all of Charleston, but I have never heard of any such program here. If it is a Public School thing, we prolly don't have it, as our P.S. system (maybe it should be B.S. system) is the 2nd worst in the nation.
                      And that's a good thing?
                      www.acairport.com

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168
                        Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                        And that's a good thing?
                        No...but there are other options here, so it doesn't bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg

Anybody want to take me?
                          OK, Come to NZ.
                          Sam Rudge
                          A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Working...
                          X