No announcement yet.

let the games begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thorpe, hackett, phelps, van den hoogenband!

this will be something to see!

american dreamteam need to get there arrogant a$$es off the Queen Mary 2 and stay at the village, these twats have no respect for the Olympic Ideal and think they are better than everyone else.

to bad they got something to think about today!

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747

american dreamteam need to get there arrogant a$$es off the Queen Mary 2 and stay at the village, these twats have no respect for the Olympic Ideal and think they are better than everyone else.

Actually, some American athletes didn't come in part because of the Queen Mary 2. They were worried about a USS Cole style attack, among other things.
      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Re: let the games begin

A little , but funny.

My dad was sitting in watching women's beach volleyball. All of a sudden he goes "Oh my gosh! The Afghani beach volleyball team is playing in Burkas!"

I knew he was joking, but my mom rushes over to the TV and goes "REALLY?!?!"

It was so funny!!!

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003

Actually, some American athletes didn't come in part because of the Queen Mary 2. They were worried about a USS Cole style attack, among other things.
          you go to the games as a competitor your equal along with everyone else, staying on the Queen Mary displays immense arrogance and disrespect, everyone can stay at the village then why can't they?

differences are set aside at the Olympics, seems the dreamteam is the exception, as i said before, bunch of twats. and it's not the first olympics the dreamteam have done this either!

next trips
          USA/DXB August.

Comment

1. Thope
            2. Van Den Hoogenband
            3. Phelps

Go "Thorpedo"!
            Will F.
            Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003

you go to the games as a competitor your equal along with everyone else, staying on the Queen Mary displays immense arrogance and disrespect, everyone can stay at the village then why can't they?

differences are set aside at the Olympics, seems the dreamteam is the exception, as i said before, bunch of twats. and it's not the first olympics the dreamteam have done this either!
              Well, I know others may not feel this way, but I could care less where people stayed. If the Americans were in the village and the Italians were in the penthouse suite of the Hilton, it wouldn't bother me in the least. I see your point, and agree with it, but life isn't fair.
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by CheckSix
                Originally posted by chrisburns
                I was surprised to see so many cheers for the US team rather then boos! But then again, could the paper be wrong since in Europe wistling is the same thin a booo's?
                At the Olympics, politics are set aside.
                Yeah right and I have a ski resort in Port Everglades, I'd like to sell ya. Its all politics and riget now we are getting our asses kicked by China and those lousy Aussies

Aldo

Comment

Has anyone found a list of the medal count yet?

Comment

Official home of the IOC. Find the latest news and featured stories, information about IOC members plus Olympic principles, values and legacy.

However if you go by percentages, China and Japan are tied for first with 66% of medals being gold. Aussieland has 45% gold, U.S. has 25% gold.

Monty might want to read the below article.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                      http://www.athens2004.com/en/OlympicMedals/medals

However if you go by percentages, China and Japan are tied for first with 66% of medals being gold. Aussieland has 45% gold, U.S. has 25% gold.

http://www.turkishpress.com/turkishp...s.asp?ID=24337
                      they faced no terrorism threats at sydney and still stayed at the 5 star Pan Pacific Hotel with full 24 hr butler service in top level suites, if it's ok for Prince Albert when competing in the winter games to stay at the village then these morons can too!

as i said, it's not the 1st games they have done this, the games are about solidarity, and you get this mob carrying on like they are better than others!

and if it's ok for 10000 other athletes to stay at the village in these times then so should this team of nobodies, interesting to see that Jews, Arabs and the like are all staying together!

next trips
                      USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                        http://www.athens2004.com/en/OlympicMedals/medals

http://www.turkishpress.com/turkishp...s.asp?ID=24337
                        they faced no terrorism threats at sydney and still stayed at the 5 star Pan Pacific Hotel with full 24 hr butler service in top level suites, if it's ok for Prince Albert when competing in the winter games to stay at the village then these morons can too!

as i said, it's not the 1st games they have done this, the games are about solidarity, and you get this mob carrying on like they are better than others!

and if it's ok for 10000 other athletes to stay at the village in these times then so should this team of nobodies, interesting to see that Jews, Arabs and the like are all staying together!

Hey, I'm not here to justify there actions. They aren't even a dream team. Mostly just a bunch of overpaid NBA stars. However to have an argument you need a counter point.

Comment

Anyone else sick of these people who get up and tell us how good they are and how many medals they are going to win?

Bummer for them when they get beaten .... ;D

I think the best thing about the olympics is when the gold goes to a rank outsider. First medals ever to France, South Africa etc in the pool .. I think it's great.

Iraq's soccer team is also cool ... although i'm wondering who's flying them home considering the arse kicking they just handed out to us ;D

Mind you .. can't we get that Jana Pittman to stop whinging? Geez you can get sick of that very quickly!!!!

ADG
                          Aussie Aussie Aussie
                          Oi Oi Oi ..
                          Go the Thorpedo ....
                          ADG
                          No makeovers please .....

Comment

Working...
                          X