Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
    Well yea... but i rather get one of the bands than the eye
    The eye is calm...the bands around the eye get really rough. That's what St. Pete is getting.

Comment

Actually, this is a fairly small storm as hurricanes go. The worst damage should only be over a small area.
      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

How'd ya like to have this forecast?
        From Orlando...

Tonight: Periods of rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds and heavy rain. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Low near 75. Windy, with a west northwest wind 70 to 75 mph becoming south southwest 35 to 40 mph. Winds could gust as high as 100 mph.

George R. Widener
        Oshkosh, WI USA
        Aircraft Photos Here
        Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Originally posted by pullin4u
          How'd ya like to have this forecast?
          From Orlando...

Tonight: Periods of rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds and heavy rain. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Low near 75. Windy, with a west northwest wind 70 to 75 mph becoming south southwest 35 to 40 mph. Winds could gust as high as 100 mph.

Well i'm supposed to get there at like 10am tomorrow.... so i wonder.... Orlando is really a nice place... i hope nothing really bad happened

Comment

I like hurricanes. Hope we see some of the effects here in NY :P
            Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

Originally posted by fly1346
              I like hurricanes. Hope we see some of the effects here in NY :P
              Tell that to someone who lives in Port Charlotte. While they are indeed awesome and quite a show, keep in mind that people are still losing homes, possessions, and in some cases their lives (if they were stupid, which I am sure some were). I like storms, don't get me wrong...but I wouldn't go wishing a category 4 hurricane on ANYONE.
              George R. Widener
              Oshkosh, WI USA
              Aircraft Photos Here
              Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Never experienced a Cat 4 hurricane. We never get the full effect of the hurricane here in NY just heavy winds and storms
                Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

Anybody find some photos of MCO? My father was watching CNN and they showed a photo of it, couldn't change the channel in time to see it but he said everything looked pretty fu*ked up. They showed Port Charlotte airport on the weather channel and that was pretty damn messed up, small plane tossed everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by SWA733Captain
                    Anybody find some photos of MCO? My father was watching CNN and they showed a photo of it, couldn't change the channel in time to see it but he said everything looked pretty fu*ked up. They showed Port Charlotte airport on the weather channel and that was pretty damn messed up, small plane tossed everywhere.
                    Try Orlandosentinel.com. They should have some info. and a message posting thing (don't have to sign up) i posted asking about Orlando...

Comment

Here's Punta Gorda

Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Some body must have switched the weather , here today we had Florida weather, and in FLorida they had Alaska weather. That means more money to get Atlanta anyways
                        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Breaking News: Charlie now a category FOUR Hurricane

The Sentinel has 84 pictures up. Charley has created a true path of destruction. So far no photos from MCO.
                          Btw, what's the status at DAB? The ERAU cam is down.

-Colin

Comment

Well i just came back from the airport. My flight to MCO was canelled along with everythinng tomorrow and they booked us for Monday night. They said all flight to MCO are cancelled as the field conditons are bad and windows have been blown out.

Comment

I'm sorry.

Here, we thought we were going to get more of it, but it is out at sea heading to (or in by now) the outer banks.

Comment

Working...
                              X