Which is better XP or XP Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better XP or XP Pro?

I'm looking at buying a laptop, and I was wondering which Op system is better to have, XP or XP Pro?

Also would like to know if a Intel Pentium 4 Processor is better than AMD Athlon...

Thanks

What's the difference b/w XP and XP pro?

Comment

^^ I don't know lol... But I do know XP home is less than XP Pro... And AMD Athlon is less than Intel Pentium 4 Processor....

Edit: Ok Fixed :P

Comment

Originally posted by EWRFOX
        I do know XP home is less than XP Home...
        Did I miss something?

Comment

The differences between them two are almost unnoticeable for we the average users, the only thing I can say is that originally the home edition is aimed for the normal user, and professional is aimed for some harder management stuff and so on. With the proper software there shall be no difference between them.

About the Laptop, I'd say go for Intel and try to get a Centrino processor, they save lots of energy when you're using the battery (the performance decrases a bit but well...)

Comment

Just get home... pro has some extra features but if your asking whats the difference ur proally not gonna use them

For the processer i would go with the more powerful one... how many ghz are the ones you are being offered?

Comment

This is the laptop I'm looking at... Will this be a good for Home and College use??

Comment

They both suck.

Sometimes I wish I could take a shotgun and blow the damn processor out of the back of the case...

Comment

I don't think Windows sucks, it's a matter of knowing how to configurate it.
                  Never had a problem (and I'm using Windows since Win 3.11).
                  It must the same with most operating systems.

About the Laptop... I say go for Dell.

Comment

Disagree with Avianca, my father has a dell and has caused nothing but trouble, I have a Toshiba with Centrino, which Toshiba offers a lot bang for the buck. Go with a Toshiba with a Centrino processor, simple rule if the Centrino is say 1.5 ghz multiply it by 2 to get the equal speed of a p4, therefore the 1.5 is the same as a 3.0ghz p4.

Comment

nvm
                      Will F.
                      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Well Chris, I say go Dell because a classmate had the exactly opposite situation, he had a Toshiba and it went nuts in no time, then he changed to Dell and everything is ok until now....although I guess Dells also fail.

At least we agree in the Centrino thing

Comment

An AMD Athlon chip, rated at the same speed as an Intel P4 chip, will actually go faster then the P4. I'd definatly say go for AMD. Mind you it's the ram that counts the most, at these speeds with XP. 512MB I reccommend as minimum. 256MB is cutting it fine.

What ever you get, make sure is has a Li-Ion Battery. Lithium Ion batteries don't get battery memory.

Comment

Well what I've heard is that the processor which actually has less real speed than the shown by its clock is the AMD...

Comment

Either way the Centrino chip is faster then the AMD chip.

Comment

Working...
                              X