Will Emu leave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Emu leave?

Emu informed me earlier that he is considering leaving the forum cause too many dipshites are on this forum now. So.. for Emu's sake:

I ask that all dipshites and kiddies leave the forum

-Adam

Is he reffering to the dipshits who want hurricanes to hit NYC? :P

How does an airline thats going bankrupt sign new regional carriers, launch a discount airline, purchase new planes, AND repaint their fleet? I dunno, ask United.

Fly1346 wrote: we have a SXM rite here at LGA!!! All you got to do is add the topless chicks

My Pics on J.net

Comment

Re: Will Emu leave?

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
      I ask that all dipshites and kiddies leave the forum
      No problem with kiddies if they show some signs of intelligence.

Comment

Does that mean I should leave
        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Air Rules
          Does that mean I should leave
          No, you shouldn't .
          Alitalia > Always Late In Take-off Always Late In Arrival
          American Airlines > Always Awful
          PAL - phillippine airlines > Plane Always Late
          BWIA > But Will It Arrives
          CAAC > Crash All Around China / Chinese Airliners Always Crash
          JAL - Japan Airlines > Just Another Loser
          QANTAS > Quick And Nasty Transport Australian Style
          TWA - Trans World Airlines > Terrorist Welcome Aboard / The Worst Airline
          UTA > Unlikely To Arrive
          MAS - Malaysia Airlines > Money And Sex
          SIA - Singapore Airlines > Stupid Idiots Aboard
          Aufganza m´nt´dok orija zuedkaj upps'shaff f´nstrok d´r dcuber sakundar.

Comment

No!

We can't lose you Joe! Escpecially not with your avatar!
            www.acairport.com

Comment

If all the kiddies left, there would be about 5 members left.

Comment

It's not a matter of people leaving the forum.

It's just a matter of people being civil to one another. This forum is a society and societies do not survive in anarchy.
                YBBN - James

Comment

Emu is one of the few people here smart enough to put people in their place for stupid comments or logic. I hope he stays around.
                  Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Ok, I wasn't really planning on posting anything about this, but I guess since this thread is about me I might as well make my thoughts known.

Lately I have been thinking about leaving the forums. I have not yet made a decision, but I have a couple reasons why I have been thinking about it. None of them are specific people or a group of people. The main reason I'm thinking of leaving is because in my opinion, the quality of the posts has dropped by a lot lately. This could be because I am less interested in airlines, new routes, new liveries, cheering for your favorite airline and ignoring facts tha make them look bad, etc than I am the actual flying part. In the past there were a few people on here like LRJetguy and Freightdogg who had quite a few interesting posts about the actual flying aspect of aviation, and both were helpful through PMs with a few questions I've had. If you notice though, where have they been? I see LRJetguy lurking every once and a while (I know he got a new job and is probably very busy with that), but I think Freightdogg is long gone. There were also a few others that I haven't mentioned that made this forum appealing to me.

While this forum isn't focused on the actual flying aspect of aviation, it was nice to have that in with some of the other stuff. In the past I have enjoyed coming here, 'meeting' cool people, having a few good laughs, and just having a good time. While there are still quite a few awesome people on this forum that I enjoy talking to on IM, I just haven't had a lot of fun on here lately.

I know that as a member I shouldent just point at everybody else and say "you guys make this forum suck". I haven't really done much to improve the forums other than adding a few humorus comments here and there, which I have lately learned are not appreciated.

Lately I've been thinking of ways that I can make the forum better, but have not come up with much of a solution. The only thing that comes to mind is that I would like to get the members here that fly more involved in talking about what they do. I would be more than happy to contribute, though I'm still only flying little planes which many here would not find all that interesting. I do know we have a few others here that are actually pilots and may have interesting things to share. If anybody has ways that they would like to see this done I would love to hear them. Whether it be something like Q&A, sharing of interesting stories (which I dont have many of yet), or posting a new thing every day for the non flying members to learn that they find interesting.

As I have said, I haven't really made a decision to stay or go yet, I think I'm just going to stick around for a little while to see if things improve. I do have some pretty tough courses this semester that I should probably give more attention to than I have courses int he past. But I have a feeling if I leave here I'd probably just find another forum to become involved in (jetcareers.com comes to mind). Anyway, thanks for reading. I didn't really want to make a big deal, but I figured if this post was here I might as well make my thoughts known.

Comment

Eh...quit whining Emu you're just going through Japan withdrawl...

You still got me and Mikecweb who actually know a little about flying...

-CLovis

Comment

Maybe forums for aviation careers and/or stories then?
                        Sam Rudge
                        A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

It's not a matter of people leaving the forum.

It's just a matter of people being civil to one another. This forum is a society and societies do not survive in anarchy.
                          You have said it well, YBBN
                          Takashi H

J-Bird: JA8580, JA8581, JA8582, JA8583, JA8584, JA8585, JA8586, JA8587, JA8588, JA8589.

Comment

Sad to him to leave

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                              I haven't really done much to improve the forums other than adding a few humorus comments here and there, which I have lately learned are not appreciated.
                              Most of us do appreciate your funny jokes though...

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

Working...
                              X