Why John Kerry Can Lose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why John Kerry Can Lose

He's smart & good-looking. He's both patrician, Jewish, Irish, Oxymoronic in American establishment circles. He's rich, my, he's rich! If you include his wife's BILLION, they would be, by ten times, the richest presidential couple in history.

He hasn't enunciated any particularly novel proposals in foreign policy - certainly none affecting us in Asia - but, if only because he would sweep the White House clean of its scallywags, he would stop the rot.

He may claim to have only trivial differences with Bush on Iraq; but everyone knows he's a julti-litararist & would never have gone almost alone into the present war, as hte neo-conservatives surrounding Bush demanded.

Economic policy would go back to fundamentals, & at least, huge handouts to the rich would end. Yet even with the polls showing at a tight race, most pros, including those around Kerry, still seem to believe that Bush can win.
    Alitalia > Always Late In Take-off Always Late In Arrival
    American Airlines > Always Awful
    PAL - phillippine airlines > Plane Always Late
    BWIA > But Will It Arrives
    CAAC > Crash All Around China / Chinese Airliners Always Crash
    JAL - Japan Airlines > Just Another Loser
    QANTAS > Quick And Nasty Transport Australian Style
    TWA - Trans World Airlines > Terrorist Welcome Aboard / The Worst Airline
    UTA > Unlikely To Arrive
    MAS - Malaysia Airlines > Money And Sex
    SIA - Singapore Airlines > Stupid Idiots Aboard
    Aufganza mīntīdok orija zuedkaj upps'shaff fīnstrok dīr dcuber sakundar.

He's smart & good-looking
    0-2
    He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

Originally posted by cal99
      0-2
      yeah, that's a big 0-2
      Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Bush and Cheney made a great point during the convention. Kerry voted for the use of force in this war, yet he voted against $87 Billion to buy bullets and body armor. I support our troops therefore I can't support Kerry.
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Well atleast if Kerry wins, they airlines will most likely get back to where they were a few years ago. I have a feeling that Kerry is going to win, he has one if not the largest group supporting him- ALPA.

As for what i got out of my Political Science Class, my teacher is Tim Buchanan, he used to work for Colin Powell.

John Kerry- Wants National Healthcare- Disagree, lets not F**K up like Canada and all did
          Wants to repeal tax cuts- SO/SO lets get out of national debt.
          Pull out of middle east- Agree, once Iraq is done, lets get out of there.

George Bush- Wants to esentually take over the world- Disagree-Hitler
          Keep tax cuts- SO/SO, nice to have more money, but our economy was better with Clinton
          Keep healthcare as it is- Agree, screw this everyone gets healthcare, because in reality its not true, because then everyone will go to the doctor for a cold or what not, and that means, nobody gets healthcare with overcrowding and a lot lower quality of doctors, much like Canada and a few other countries that have this.

So therefore since either way, the United States is screwed, im not voting.

Comment

I'll say it again, both candidates suck monkey balls, we're screwed either way.

Comment

I don't know who will win but I can positively say he'll be rich, white, connected and a Yale grad.

Yup, real democratic...

Comment

Neither should win. usually id say anyone but Bush but this time im not.
                Sam Rudge
                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Another good point made during the RNC was that you need to know your leader. I know Bush's mindset and philosophy. I dont know crap about Kerry other than he says one thing and does another. (IE Voting for war and then voting against the 87Bil.) So Chris, your not voting at all? Then you have no right to complain at all about the government for the next 4 years. This will be my first election I can vote in and I'm not going to blow it off.
                  It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Check out this new Time poll that came out. Bush has an 11% lead over Kerry-

TIME Poll: Among likely voters, 52% would vote for President George Bush, while 41% would vote for John Kerry and 3% would vote for Ralph Nader

Friday, Sep. 03, 2004
                    New York: For the first time since the Presidential race became a two person contest last spring, there is a clear leader, the latest TIME poll shows. If the 2004 election for President were held today, 52% of likely voters surveyed would vote for President George W. Bush, 41% would vote for Democratic nominee John Kerry, and 3% would vote for Ralph Nader, according to a new TIME poll conducted from Aug. 31 to Sept. 2. Poll results are available on TIME.com and will appear in the upcoming issue of TIME magazine, on newsstands Monday, Sept. 6.

Most important issues: When asked what they consider are the most important issues, 25% of registered voters cited the economy as the top issue, followed by 24% who cited the war on terrorism as the top issue. The situation in Iraq was rated the top issue by 17% of registered voters, moral values issues such as gay marriage and abortion were the top issue for 16% of respondents, and health care was the most important issue for 11% of respondents.

Bush vs. Kerry:
                    The economy: 47% trust President Bush more to handle the economy, while 45% trust Kerry.
                    Health care: 48% trust Senator Kerry to handle health care issues, while 42% trust Bush.
                    Iraq: 53% trust Bush to handle the situation in Iraq, while 41% trust Kerry.
                    Terrorism: 57% trust Bush to handle the war on terrorism, while 36% trust Kerry.
                    Understanding the needs of people: 47% said they trust Kerry to understand the needs of people like themselves, while 44% trusted Bush to understand their needs.
                    Providing strong leadership: 56% said they trust Bush to provide strong leadership in difficult times, while 37% said they trust Kerry to provide leadership in difficult times.
                    Tax policy: 49% trust Bush to handle tax policy, while 40% trust Kerry.
                    Commanding the Armed Forces: 54% said they trust Bush to be commander-in-chief of the armed forces, while 39% said they trust Kerry.

Bush on the Issues:
                    Iraq: Half (50%) of those surveyed approve of the way President Bush is handling the situation in Iraq, while 46% disapprove. In last week’s TIME poll, 48% approved of the way Bush was handling the situation in Iraq and 48% disapproved.
                    Terrorism: Almost two thirds (59%) said they approve of how President Bush is handling the war on terrorism, while 38% disapprove. Last week’s TIME poll found 55% approved of Bush’s handling of the war on terrorism, while 40% disapproved.
                    The Economy: Survey respondents were split on the President’s handling of the economy. Almost half (48%) said the approved of Bush’s handling of the economy, while 48% said the disapproved.

Other results include:
                    Was U.S. Right Going to War with Iraq? Over half of those surveyed (52%) think the U.S. was right in going to war with Iraq, while 41% think the U.S. was wrong to go to war.

Have the United States’ actions in Iraq made the world safer? Almost half (45%) think the United States’ actions in Iraq have made the world safer, while 45% think the world is more dangerous. In a similar TIME poll taken Aug. 3 – 5, over half (52%) said the world was more dangerous, and 38% said the world was safer.

# # #

Methodology: The TIME Poll was conducted August 31 – September 2 by telephone among a random sample of 1,316 adults, including 1,128 reported registered voters and 926 likely voters. The margin of error for registered voters is +/- 3% points, and +/- 4% points for likely voters. Schulman, Ronca, & Bucuvalas (SRBI) Public Affairs conducted the poll, and more complete results are attached.

http://www.time.com/time/press_relea...692562,00.html
                    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I will post this like again. I think it explains a lot!

Comment

he is a douchebag, but i still ain't voting for him.......
                        nice to see that more people seem to feel more confident about our re-elected president............
                        Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Originally posted by assghanistan
                          nice to see that more people seem to feel more confident about our re-elected president............
                          We'll see if that statement was valid... :P

Comment

Originally posted by assghanistan
                            he is a douchebag, but i still ain't voting for him.......
                            pfft...just because Kerry sucks does not mean that Bush doesn't suck too. Usually I would vote...but honestly this year I dont give a rats ass, we're screwed either way.

Comment

He's smart & good-looking.
                              Smart? He can't even pronouce the names of his allies countrys. He looks like a monkey as well.

I agree with emu, they are both schmucks, exept bush is a bigger one.

Comment

Working...
                              X