World Cup of Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup of Hockey

Anyone been watching the World Cup of Hockey? I'm still kind of unsure about it. I'm a huge hockey fan, but it's hard to get excited about a tournament that is so new. It has no history yet. I'm going to a quarterfinal game tomorrow night at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota (USA vs. Russia). I'm not too sure what to expect. I guess it may be the only pro hockey I'll see this year if there's no NHL season. What are your opinions on the World Cup of Hockey?

I've watched all of North American pool games ESPN/ESPN2 has shown. I had to watch the Canada-Russia game on the Net Saturday night, and I missed the Russia-Slovakia game. I caught part of the Sweden-Czech Republic game as well, I've missed just about all of the European games because they come on while I'm at work. I've been somewhat disappointed by the US team, I expected a little bit more, but the way the young guys stepped up in the Slovakia game gave them some hope. It looks to be a Canada-Finland finals if I were to bet.

Comment

Its been a great tournament so far, its like an allstar game but the players actually have something to play for. I think its better than the NHL, especially this season Still, its hard to beat college hockey though.

Comment

I watch all the games I can get since there might be no NHL season Go Canada!
        Click Here for my aviation photographs.
        No Frontiers

Comment

Does anybody think it's a bit boring? I just can't get excited about it! It's too new. Plus the US sucks. I mean, the trophy that the champion gets was just built this year. At least the Stanley Cup has some history behind. Isn't it the oldest trophy in sports? I think it's close.

Comment

I've made an effort to watch most of the games, but I usually fall asleep before the end of the 2nd period and miss around 4 to 5 of the goals

From what I hear, we're doing what we do best - Go Canada!

Comment

Originally posted by nwaA330
              Does anybody think it's a bit boring? I just can't get excited about it! It's too new. Plus the US sucks. I mean, the trophy that the champion gets was just built this year. At least the Stanley Cup has some history behind. Isn't it the oldest trophy in sports? I think it's close.
              There is a bit of history, as the World Cup of Hockey is just the renamed Canada Cup.

Comment

Very true, but the Canada Cup was different. It had a different trophy, and teams like Slovakia, Russia, Sweden, Finland, etc. were not in the tournament. If the Canada Cup was still around today, I would watch every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Legend_Airlines
                  I've made an effort to watch most of the games, but I usually fall asleep before the end of the 2nd period and miss around 4 to 5 of the goals

From what I hear, we're doing what we do best - Go Canada!
                  Yeah, that's what I did pretty much every game I watched during last year's playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                  X