No announcement yet.

Your city/town/neighborhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am too lazy to post a pic of my house, but I live in a suburb of Charleston...not the city. Downtown, real estate is like most other cities. A house the size of mine would sell for about $3 million if it were downtown. I like my location, though. It's 4 minutes from downtown (across a cool bridge with a neat view). I don't think I'd want to live in the downtown of a large city, though...too cramped.

Originally posted by fly1346
    I live in the city to!
    But you have a garden...

Comment

I live in the suburbs. But Ottawa is so small, it only takes 30 minutes to get downtown.
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Ya i have a 50x100 lot lol, well its not Manhattan NY, its the suburbs of manhattan its Queens lol, but its a residential borough, I dunno how to explain lol!
        Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

I live in the suburbs of NYC, my town has about 10,625 people. Houses are pretty expensive where I live, where the average house would cost about $750,000 but if you want something really nice, its going to start around $2 million. I dont have a picture of my house on the net but hopefully I will put up one.
          - The baby will be back -

Comment

I've lived in cities basically my whole life. It's just fairly recently that I've moved out to Pomona, which is basically a middle/lower middle class suburb of Atlantic City.

A while back, my mom finally got her dream to own a nice big house in the suburbs. She now lives in Monmouth County, NJ. The town she lives in can be described as either a suburb of NY (About 45 Min north with no traffic, which is rare) or as a suburb of Freehold, NJ (A growing city about 5-10 min. south, with a combined population of about 50,000 and growing). As I have begun to notice, it appears as if they are beginning to "urbanize the suburbs." Even in her middle/high class town, it seems as if newer apartment complexes are being constructed to bring less wealthy families into the area; and many out of Freehold, and their public bus line now runs every 10-30 minutes all day, all week. That's right -- a public bus line in the upper class suburbs, although mainly for the residents of Freehold, most of which who cannot afford a car or other means of private transportation.

Although this city bus is more suburbanized; although it runs on schedules like a bus in the city and charges the same fares, the majority of the busses running on local routes are coach busses! It's pretty cool to ride. Some of them, however, are on your traditional city transit-style bus.

Now I'm wondering -- why the hell did I type all that
            www.acairport.com

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168
              I have no idea!

On the subject of busses, the CARTA busses (Charleston Area Regional Transport Authority) run all over the suburbs. Rush hour aside, there are rarely more than 3 people on a bus--and these are normal busses (the size of the ones that run in Manhattan). The bus line recently went bankrupt and cut back a lot of routes and frequencies (sounds like an airline, eh? ).
              There were plans to build a monorail-type system called FUTREX that one of my friend's dad's had designed. The first line was going to be b/w the airport and the North Charleston Colleseum and Convention center. There are also 4 or 5 hotels there too. The line never was built (the funding was there, they just didn't do anything). Last year, when the mayor was asked what the status of the project was, he said, "I have no idea."
              I believe that this type of monorail was built in the Kuala Lumpur (sp?) Airport to connect the terminals.

Comment

Yall are some rich ass people!!!!! Damn!!!!!

The nice thing about the suberbs in boston is that they are ussally much closer to downtown than other citys. The suberbs are considered to run at about a 20-40 drive from downtown boston. Any further away than that and your considered to live in the country. All the weathy subberbs have metro bus and train or subway service to boston. Its because alot of the people need to commute. Also, in the suberb where my mom lives they are also building affordable housing, but they do a great job at making these apartments fit in well and look good. I think its a good idea to have them, the people who move in would have to live in the ghetto otherwise, and they would most likey become criminals or crackheads. Its a good opertunity for less fortunite people to live in a safe and nice town.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                  Originally posted by matt1168
                  I have no idea!

On the subject of busses, the CARTA busses (Charleston Area Regional Transport Authority) run all over the suburbs. Rush hour aside, there are rarely more than 3 people on a bus--and these are normal busses (the size of the ones that run in Manhattan). The bus line recently went bankrupt and cut back a lot of routes and frequencies (sounds like an airline, eh? ).
                  Sounds alot like the public buses I ride around here, and also those within Atlantic City (not the touristy Jitney things, the real city busses). There have been several occasions where for almost an entire bus route I have been the only person on the bus. But don't count on NJT (New Jersey Transit) to cut any routes, because they're required to provide some type of transportation to almost every town in the state. All they do if the service is wasteful is change the schedule to include 1 bus a day
                  www.acairport.com

Comment

Pete,
                    nice pics!

looks like a cool, pleasant little town!
                    Thanks Charleston.

It is a great town to live in, and it's also a college town. You can see the college in the second pic in the upper right hand side. Go Clarion University!

-Pete
                    Pete Ganabathi
                    Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Originally posted by KBOS
                      The suberbs are considered to run at about a 20-40 drive from downtown boston. Any further away than that and your considered to live in the country.
                      When you live 40 minutes away, you live out in the country.

CHS suburbs are much closer in (but it's a much smaller city). Also, real estate is good here. You can buy a 3,000 square foot house with a marsh view in a nice neighborhood for 400,000.

Comment

Originally posted by KBOS
                        The suberbs are considered to run at about a 20-40 drive from downtown boston. Any further away than that and your considered to live in the country.
                        When you live 40 minutes away, you live out in the country.

CHS suburbs are much closer in (but it's a much smaller city). Also, real estate is good here. You can buy a 3,000 square foot house with a marsh view in a nice neighborhood for 400,000.
                        Real estate is good here as well. The most expensive house ever sold in the city of Watertown was sold a few months ago for $450,000. It was three stories, marble floors, had a two story library, etc...

The house next door to is around 3,500-4,000 square feet, has 9 bedrooms, an elevator, and hardwood floors. It is going in the $300,000 range. Whenever people come up here they are amazed at how cheap you can get a beautiful house here.

The biggest expenses up here are the high taxes and the heat. Many locals here pay in excess of $800/month to heat their homes...
                        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Alec:

I really really like your neighbor hood! I think neighbor hoods like that are soo cool. Nice pics too

-Adam

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
                            Alec:

I really really like your neighbor hood! I think neighbor hoods like that are soo cool. Nice pics too

-Adam
                            Thanks Man, it is a nice neighbor hood . Very quiet Plus a great view
                            You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                              The house next door to is around 3,500-4,000 square feet, has 9 bedrooms, an elevator, and hardwood floors. It is going in the $300,000 range. Whenever people come up here they are amazed at how cheap you can get a beautiful house here.

Wow!

I think you got me beat!

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003

Wow!

I think you got me beat!
                                Turns out I was wrong about the number of bedrooms and square feet. It has 4,170 square feet, but only 6 bedrooms.

Picture

It's the fifth house down. The one for $450,000 has been on the market for years, it isn't the one I was talking about earlier.
                                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Working...
                                X