Your city/town/neighborhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your city/town/neighborhood

Post a picture of an area near where you live, in your city, town, or even neighborhood, so that we can all see what your areas like!

Here's some from not too far from me:

A typical city neighborhood.

Just a couple of blocks from downtown. The city has a habit of demolishing abandoned buildings, leaving vacant lots all over the city.

Along Atlantic Avenue in downtown. Atlantic Avenue is one of the city's major streets.

A common street scene in Philadelphia, where I grew up and I still visit my father often.

Feel free to post your own pics and descriptions!
    www.acairport.com

The first one looks a lot like Trenton, atleast it reminds me of Trenton. I'll post some pics of here later.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

all my pics are on the other computer...maybe I'll get around to it later

Comment

Heres my neighbourhood:

Matt
        My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Here's mine. Trees obsure some of the houses.

Comment

I took this pic of Watertown last spring-

The following pictures are NOT mine, they are from www.newzjunky.com

Downtown Watertown...

Watertown High School...

Flower Memorial Library...
            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
              Is that diner on the left any good? It looks like one of those "small town diners" that everyone says is good.
              www.acairport.com

Comment

Herpa,
                That's a large library for a small city!!!

Comment

Here's the view of my neighborhood from my doorstep. Lovely Des Moines, IA.
                  Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
                  lp.org

Comment

Is that diner on the left any good? It looks like one of those "small town diners" that everyone says is good.
                    I haven't gone there yet, but everyone has been telling me how good it was. I like the friendly service that you get a diners in small towns/cities. For example, near Christmas a couple of years ago one diner in the city was handing out free stuffed animals to all of the small children who ate there. It's kind gestures like that which make you want to come back again and again...

Herpa,
                    That's a large library for a small city!!!
                    Yes, this city used to be much larger around the time that the library was built. The factories providing most of the employment closed down decades ago and many people left. However, population is expected to boom soon when a new brigade of approx. 5,000 soldiers is formed at Fort Drum (approx.7 miles north of Watertown). Along with the new brigade comes 56 new choppers .
                    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

I took this last spring, I will take some more tomorrow sometime.

Comment

I'll get out and get some pictures of campus tomorrow, it'll give me something to do.

Comment

These pictures aren't mine, but they're the best I can find:

This is part of the Mid-Levels, a
                          residential district just minutes
                          away from the city centre on
                          Hong Kong Island.

My apartment block is among the taller clump of
                          buildings on the right side of the picture, but is
                          obscured by the buildings in front which block
                          the view.

This is a photo taken from a nearby
                          building just down the road from
                          where I live.

Here is a view of the neighbourhood from the top of the mountains behind.

And the same view by night:

If you watched Tomb Raider 2, you would probably have caught a glimpse of the road I live on.

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

I'm flying tomorrow morning, i'll get my passenger to take some photos of the city.

Comment

Don't have any pictures on this computer but i'll take some tommrow after i get back from school.
                              ***My Blog***

Comment

Working...
                              X