Assault Weapon Ban expires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault Weapon Ban expires

So, who'll be rushing off to buy one of these must-haves in a day or two?
    I walked across an empty land
    I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
    I felt the earth beneath my feet
    Sat by the river and it made me complete

Make love not war Jess

Comment

I quite agree! Do assault weapons come with an attachment for that?

Comment

No...but...if you buy big enough bullets you can use them as....

Comment

Ok, lets STOP RIGHT THERE

Comment

Meh...you started it kiddo

Comment

Doh, silly me There's my thread about assault weapons gone

Comment

Sorry Jess...

Comment

You never know, it might revive!

Comment

When everyone wakes up...

Comment

well for those of use old enough to buy firearms, it has never stopped me from buying a big bad evil assault weapon. I even have 2! But the great Dianne Feinstien thinks that I don't need them so she want more and more laws that are not enforceable, to regulate the average citizen from being able to buy legal firearms. But I digress, I already have high capacity magazines (they are magazine and NOT CLIPS!!!!!!! clips are for an M-1 Grand Rifle not a Sig P229, another media mistake) I own them legally and use them semi-regularly ohhhhh boy I must be evil.

But overall say gooooooooooooooddddddddddddddd F*CKING BYYYYE to the assault weapons ban!!!!!!!!! ha ha Diane Feinstien i guess you are eating S*H*I*T this week.

Comment

I own 2 handguns, 1 shotgun and a couple of .22s. That stated, and while I believe that every American has the right to own and bare arms, assult rifles are absouletly useless to the average gun owner. My guns are for protection and sport, an AK47, M-16 and similar weapons are designed for 1 purpose, namely to kill a lot of people in a short period of time. While I disagree with Clovis and Kat on almost all issues, on this I agree, the assult rifle ban should remain intact.

Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by UFOSPACE99
                          I own 2 handguns, 1 shotgun and a couple of .22s. That stated, and while I believe that every American has the right to own and bare arms, assult rifles are absouletly useless to the average gun owner. My guns are for protection and sport, an AK47, M-16 and similar weapons are designed for 1 purpose, namely to kill a lot of people in a short period of time. While I disagree with Clovis and Kat on almost all issues, on this I agree, the assult rifle ban should remain intact.

Aldo
                          Just FYI, AK-47's, M-16's, and other weapons capable of discharging more than one bullet for one trigger pull, fall in the category of firearms that are highly regulated through the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Gun Control Act of 1968. The gist is that you must apply for a license, be approved by your local law enforcement chief, and pay a tax each time you acquire any firearm regulated by the NFA, which includes machine guns (like AK-47's, Uzi's), short barrelled rifles and shotguns, noise supresssion devices (aka "silencers"), and other devices, that by themselves cannot fire one round, but are components that can make a firearm fire more than one round for each trigger pull.

The AWB that is expiring has NOTHING to do with the above types of firearms. The AWB just restricted certain features that semi-automatic (one round fired for each trigger pull) rifles fed via a detachable magazine, can have. Basically, AWB is an "ugly rifle" ban. This ban affected military rifles that have been "civilianized", according to BATF rules. While many rifles affected by this ban were based on NFA-type firearms, they CAN NOT be easily made into their military counterparts. Built-into the design of these rifles for civilian sale are safeguards that prevent the use parts from the full-auto version of the rifles. These "ugly guns" are no more potent or have more killing power than say, a Ruger Mini-14, a much "nicer looking" semi-automatic rifle, based on the WWII era M1 Garand.

Besides, certain states have STRICTER laws that will remain in effect (California has one, I think NJ and Hawaii too), so this won't affect residents of those states.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86

HAHAHAA.. that was absolutely brilliant clovis!

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86

12 inch alright?
                              Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Working...
                              X