30th Stearman Fly-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30th Stearman Fly-In

Here in Galesburg, IL we have a tradition known as the Stearman Fly-In. For several days a few hundred Stearman swarm our local municipal airport, KGBG. I thought I would let any of you classic plane enthusiasts know about it. If you have any questions, just ask.
    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Nice to read this one, will you post a few pictures ?
    Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

That event sounds like heaven on Earth. While I love jets, there is just something about open cockpit biplanes that I love. I had the chance last year to fly in a New Standard Biplane at the National Air Tour stop @ FFC, and there's something about the wind whistling through the wires, the wind in your face, and the Snoopy hat and goggles. I must have been an aviator in a past life, as Stearmans have always been my favorite biplane. I may have to go digging through my box of old photos as I think there's a few shots of them I took when I was a teenager (Damn, that makes me sound and feel old!).

Comment

Bah, the last day and I couldn't go out there. Hopefully some of the people will stick around tomorow. There were over 224 Stearman there. We had people from as far away as Australia. I did get to see a Lockheed Connie that a team of people flew in. It pays to look out the window during class. (Our high school is right below the a flight path for our airport) Got a picture in the paper of someone who had a GeeBee that visited for a day. I'm in favor of bringing back aircraft racing. I'll try and get out of school a little early(not that I'm jeopardizing my education or anything ) and get some pictures.
        It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Working...
        X