Photos from a Braves Game in Atlanta!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos from a Braves Game in Atlanta!

Went to an Atlanta Braves game last week when the played the Phillies. I took my little Digital Rebel with me and here are some shots from the game:

Welcome to Turner Field:

Before taking my seat, I went over and took a peak at the Camera's they use to televise the Games with. I was EXTREMELY impressed with the gear they had:

I spoke briefly with one of the Cameramen and he told me that a single Camera cost between 150,000 and 200,000 Dollars!

Then, A close up on the 60,00-70,000 dollar lens ( ) they hook onto one of these babies!

I dont care how long it takes.. but I WILL find a way to strap that to my 300D :P

One more peak at the cameras.. this time at the controls!

I then went to my seat. I sat 9 rows up from field level which gave me a great photography location!

Umpires get together before tha game gets underway:

Ortiz was the opening pitcher. Unfortunately, he gave up 4 runs in the first 2 innings

It wasnt long till Bobby Cox came out and sent Ortiz to the showers... So long! :P

This little Brave loved his 2 seconds on the Big Screen:

A new thing I hadnt seen before... Braves Cheerleaders! They would walk around the stadium cheering and looking hot!

Chipper Jones provided the highlight of the game by connecting for a 3 run homerun! Here he is about to make contact on that 3 run homerun!

The Media box was just a few rows down.. I saw this and it reminded me of Clovis in his earlier days :P... This kid was actually in the Media box with his 200 dollar camera.. surrounded by equipment worth in the Tens of thousands

Somewhere around the 7th inning... a bad call was made and Bobby Cox had to go argue it!
    Give 'em Hell Bobby!

Bobby can't Believe this shite and kicks in total disgust!

Easy now Bobby......Easy.... Oh shite.. he went to far...
    Yer Outta Here! ( )

The game continued on without Bobby... Jim Thome was the favorite on the PHillies side!

Here he hails his bat one handed before the pitch!

They gave out the Delta Skymiles award just a few seats from me. Here you can see the card the girl read off of while addressing the crowd!

Haha.. Here you the Delta Cheerleader presenting the Skymiles awayrd right infront of me and up on the big Screen!

Lastly, how can you go to a ball game with a telephoto lens and not put it to work? ... Check out this material

I had a great time at the ball game! No foul balls ... but plenty of pictures!

Hope you enjoyed the photos!
    -Adam

(Quick reminder: All photos were taken with the 300D and 75-300IS which are for sale .. PM me for details)

great pics, i enjoyed them.
    He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

What aperture, ISO and shutter speed did you use for the various pics... especially the ones with the guy pitching and the one with the guy swinging the bat?

Comment

Awesome pics!
        Why are you selling your camera and lense? Do you want to get the 20D or something? Or just want the money?

Comment

The 6th one looks like he has a part of his arm missing...
          ***My Blog***

Comment

Nice shots! In one of the first shots of the guy throwing the ball, it looks like his arm is twisted right around The last pic tops it all though

Well done Adam.

Dale

Comment

Hey nice pics! You shudda been sitting where the kid with a $200 camera was!

BTW howd that kid get there?
              Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

Photos from a Braves Game in Atlanta!

Nice shots . You just gotta love good 'ole Bobby and his temper. Btw, it must still be before the playoffs if the Braves are winning .

-Colin

Comment

I really want to be introduced to that cheerleader.
                  - The baby will be back -

Comment

Paul,

Most of my shots were taken between 400-1600 ISO... most at 800 ISO for the action shots (Pitching.. hitting.. )

Aperature stayed around 4.0-5.6 the entire time (night shots)

Shutter Speed varied.. Most were between 1/200 and 1/500 (night shots)

THanks for the comments thus far!

The pitchers arm looks like that cause he is about to swing his wrist up to 75-80 miles per hour ... his arm is just folded back.. everything is okay :P

I have no idea how that kid got in there.. But I wouldnt step foot in there with out a 10D and 70-200 F2.8 IS

I am selling my camera and lens for an upgrade in equipment. This camera works beauitfully, (as seen in my latest ATL shots) but I am getting into other types of photography where a 20D would be "ideal"

She's was definately SWEEET dale

-Adam

Comment

How much $ Adam....

Or i can just steal it from your room when i go down there...
                      ***My Blog***

Comment

cool pix!

Comment

Braves sux.

Dodgers for life.

Comment

Hey Adam!!
                            Where are our pictures????? I thought I would of atleast seen the Clovis one on here by now!!

Hope you made it to the Burgh okay. Let me know if you want to meet up with me and Pete in ATL on Saturday morning for that lovely drive back to Daytona!!!

Comment

Wow And SI hasn't hired you yet????
                              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X