Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seen Previews For The New Crashed Airliner Series On ABC??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seen Previews For The New Crashed Airliner Series On ABC??

It’s going to be a complete turd. It's called "LOST."

In the preview the show has what looks like a widebody twin. A moment after the flight crew makes a fasten seat belts sign announcement the shot cuts to a wide interior view with O2 masks falling and passengers flying. A few frames later the rear pressure bulkhead is ripping out so we can see the the tail spiraling towards the ground.

Now you know the plane has to crash, but not too bad or ABC has no series. And you know the plane has to crash way the hell off-course and nobody anywhere else knows of the deviation, or ABC has no series. Naturally, it’s got to crash on an exotic island so all our scorching-hot, 5% body-fat survivors can run about in loincloths and BVD’s.

So what will cause this sudden calamity? Here are my votes:

7. Rampaging Llama In Estrus Down In Cargo Hold Goes Berserk,

6. Pilot Error. God Knows How, But The Geniuses At ABC Will Find A Way.

5. IFE Plays Unedited Version Of Black Eyed Peas’ “Let’s Get Retarded.”
    As The Fifty-Something Business Man In 31-A “Gets Retarded,” He Kicks A Hole In The Fuselage Causing Explosive Decompression

4. Somebody Turned On Their Cell Phone.

3. The Fly By Wire Wire Comes Unplugged.

2. Some Fatty Gets Up Off Of Toilet After Getting Stuck. Repeatead Flushing Causes A Massive Pressure Differential Thus Leading To Explosive Decompression.

1. Froot-Loop Conspiracy Theorist’s Missile Pod Prematurely Detonates.
    ///CSky///

What type of the plane?

Comment

I wasn't able to tell, but it looked on the order of a 767 sizewise. There weren't really any clean exterior shots to identify it. Anybody else care to guess?

Here's the website, but it's no help:

///CSky///

Comment

The fuselage from the part where the engine explodes behind a couple of the people looked like it had Delta's old stripes on it...did they scrap & use part of an L-1011 fuselage for it?

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Well, I saw the trailer. I was recording an episode of a show, but I didnt cut out commercials, and so I recorded the LOST trailer. After going over it, I paused it RIGHT when it showed the rear spiraling to the ground. If you look close, it looks like a 747, or at least partly. Or, if not that, some sort of 767 or close. But then, there could be the possibility of an airbus widebody... can't wait for a sign leading to what type of a/c it is, though.

Comment

yay! more shows with no aviation reaserch! eveyone clap your hands... this will make people want to fly, they should make a show about how cars crash every 11 seconds.
            -Kevin

Comment

When is the show on??
              ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                yay! more shows with no aviation reaserch! eveyone clap your hands... this will make people want to fly, they should make a show about how cars crash every 11 seconds.

i can never sit through a movie with a plane in it without criticizing it (except for "Airplane" of course).

-ryan-

Comment

Originally posted by pilotgolfer
                  :
                  i can never sit through a movie with a plane in it without criticizing it
                  I hope you didn't see "Soul Plane"

Comment

Originally posted by pilotgolfer
                    Originally posted by ACman

i can never sit through a movie with a plane in it without criticizing it (except for "Airplane" of course).

-ryan-

I hear you both on that. What's especially galling about this one is it seems its genesis stems from the plane suddenly being flung out of the sky in pieces. (Ala BOAC Comet) There is a fasten seatbelt announcement, along with some Johnny Alphamale consoling a lady, "Oh don't worry about that thump, it's perfectly normal." Next the tail falls off.

You know this POS was dreamed up by some bi-coastal, bedwetting ABC producer that doesn't know d!ck about an airplane.
                    ///CSky///

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaRules
                      The fuselage from the part where the engine explodes behind a couple of the people looked like it had Delta's old stripes on it...did they scrap & use part of an L-1011 fuselage for it?

DeltaRules
                      Damn, you were right on the money. Good eyes. When I surveyed another "planez.net" site, a thread said "Lost" used one of Delta's old 1011's out of the desert for it.
                      ///CSky///

Comment

saw the pilot last night. had some decent crash shots, but still too early to tell if it will be good or not. as far as 5% body fat chicks running around, we weren't so lucky. it also had one of the midget hobbits from lord of the rings on it. im just wondering how they can make the show last longer than half a season....... i mean, how long are these people supposed to be running around on the island?
                        Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

has anyone actually seen it?
                          Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

This goes up there with LAX!
                            - The baby will be back -

Comment

Re: Seen Previews For The New Crashed Airliner Series On ABC

Originally posted by Carolina_Sky
                              So what will cause this sudden calamity? Here are my votes
                              It's a TV show. Ment to be entertaining, not accurate.

Comment

Working...
                              X