Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seen Previews For The New Crashed Airliner Series On ABC??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carolina_Sky
    replied
    Re: Seen Previews For The New Crashed Airliner Series On ABC

Originally posted by SWA733Captain
    Originally posted by Carolina_Sky
    So what will cause this sudden calamity? Here are my votes
    It's a TV show. Ment to be entertaining, not accurate.
    Oh yeah, entertainment...I almost forgot. I suppose if this POS delivered some I'd cut it some slack. Since it doesn't, I won't.

Look...
    Do boat/ship/yacht fans pick on Gilligan's Island?
    Do car nuts pick on Dukes of Hazard?
    Do airnutters pick on Airplane?

No.
    Why? Because even with plot holes the size of the Lincoln Tunnel, all of those are entertaining. Lost is/will be a flop along the lines of the Magic Johnson Show, XFL, and who knows how many other shows before it that tanked because it fails to entertain.

Leave a comment:

• DeltaRules
    replied
    Originally posted by DeltaRules
    The fuselage from the part where the engine explodes behind a couple of the people looked like it had Delta's old stripes on it...did they scrap & use part of an L-1011 fuselage for it?

DeltaRules
    Damn, you were right on the money. Good eyes. When I surveyed another "planez.net" site, a thread said "Lost" used one of Delta's old 1011's out of the desert for it.
    Wow ! I was right. I saw the DL stripes & figured that it was an L-1011, but wasn't sure...lol

DeltaRules

Leave a comment:

• Ansett
    replied
    there after viewers not the truth

Leave a comment:

• SWA733Captain
    replied
    Re: Seen Previews For The New Crashed Airliner Series On ABC

So what will cause this sudden calamity? Here are my votes
    It's a TV show. Ment to be entertaining, not accurate.

Leave a comment:

• babypurin
    replied
    This goes up there with LAX!

Leave a comment:

• Ansett
    replied
    has anyone actually seen it?

Leave a comment:

• assghanistan
    replied
    saw the pilot last night. had some decent crash shots, but still too early to tell if it will be good or not. as far as 5% body fat chicks running around, we weren't so lucky. it also had one of the midget hobbits from lord of the rings on it. im just wondering how they can make the show last longer than half a season....... i mean, how long are these people supposed to be running around on the island?

Leave a comment:

• Carolina_Sky
    replied
    Originally posted by DeltaRules
    The fuselage from the part where the engine explodes behind a couple of the people looked like it had Delta's old stripes on it...did they scrap & use part of an L-1011 fuselage for it?

DeltaRules
    Damn, you were right on the money. Good eyes. When I surveyed another "planez.net" site, a thread said "Lost" used one of Delta's old 1011's out of the desert for it.

Leave a comment:

• Carolina_Sky
    replied
    Originally posted by pilotgolfer
    Originally posted by ACman
    yay! more shows with no aviation reaserch! eveyone clap your hands... this will make people want to fly, they should make a show about how cars crash every 11 seconds.

i can never sit through a movie with a plane in it without criticizing it (except for "Airplane" of course).

-ryan-

I hear you both on that. What's especially galling about this one is it seems its genesis stems from the plane suddenly being flung out of the sky in pieces. (Ala BOAC Comet) There is a fasten seatbelt announcement, along with some Johnny Alphamale consoling a lady, "Oh don't worry about that thump, it's perfectly normal." Next the tail falls off.

You know this POS was dreamed up by some bi-coastal, bedwetting ABC producer that doesn't know d!ck about an airplane.

Leave a comment:

• Legend_Airlines
    replied
    Originally posted by pilotgolfer
    :
    i can never sit through a movie with a plane in it without criticizing it
    I hope you didn't see "Soul Plane"

Leave a comment:

• pilotgolfer
    replied
    Originally posted by ACman
    yay! more shows with no aviation reaserch! eveyone clap your hands... this will make people want to fly, they should make a show about how cars crash every 11 seconds.

i can never sit through a movie with a plane in it without criticizing it (except for "Airplane" of course).

-ryan-

Leave a comment:

• PIAA310
    replied
    When is the show on??

Leave a comment:

• ACman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jetBlue320
    replied
    Well, I saw the trailer. I was recording an episode of a show, but I didnt cut out commercials, and so I recorded the LOST trailer. After going over it, I paused it RIGHT when it showed the rear spiraling to the ground. If you look close, it looks like a 747, or at least partly. Or, if not that, some sort of 767 or close. But then, there could be the possibility of an airbus widebody... can't wait for a sign leading to what type of a/c it is, though.

Leave a comment:

• DeltaRules
    replied

DeltaRules

Leave a comment:

Working...
X