Harley Davidson on export markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley Davidson on export markets

One of the 40 best money makers worldwide in terms of profitability, Harley Davidson produced 300,000 bikes last year. The brand came back to this european country in 1997by setting up a fully fledged subsisdiary , which in turns drive an agressive policy of opening exclusive dealerships. Bringing the number of dealerships to 45 nationwide, the newly opened unit in Lyons has set goals in selling 200 bikes and recording a 3 million Euro revenue for the first fiscal year of operating. The french branch recorded a 50 million Euros revenue and now among the top five brands in selling 650 cc+ bikes. Top scorers are Susuki, Kawasaki, Honda and BMW. By the next 3 years, HD France hopes to get even with BMW as far the big bike market is concerned. To help with, it recently added sister company Buell's product range. Today an estimated 30,000 Harley Davidsons, mostly Electra Glides, are in regular use locally.
    Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

what's the difference between a vacum cleaner and a harley? The location of the dirt bag

Comment

WN has a Harley club that consists of mostly pilots, dispatchers and mechanics. Years ago some graduating pilots gave Harb a WN themed Harley that now sits in our Flight Simulator facility.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Harley Davidson on export markets

I love Harley's, and the fact that Hamburg has one of the largest Harley meets, the "Biker Service" (don't know if that's the official English name), where 200,000 bikers meet at our most famous church, the "Michel", for a two-hour service. It's awesome every single year , and definitely more civilized than Daytona or Sturgis .

-Colin

Comment

Thanks very much for posting your threads

Emu

I like the joke, although the bad old days of the 70s and 80s which almost drove the brand out of the market are (hopefully) over. I will remember this one but I will use it when referring to the Italian look-alike Moto Guzzi which has been a jumble of mechanical crap since day one

PT737SWA

I read this one years ago on ATW, I don't remember whether this was to celebrate Herb' 60th birthday.

Colin

Me too, they have much more personality that the Japanese bikes, especially the look-alikes !!! Another which bugs me out is Moto Guzzi Which would fit in Emu's joke much better

Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
          X