Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F**k color.

You'll see what I mean...

I have a long way to go to master B&W like this guy has. Fantastic.

-Clovis

I mean this is just total mastery of composition, exposure and lighting...

-Clovis

Comment

The black and white really brings out a sense of feeling.
      - The baby will be back -

Comment

Yeah I agree. Black and white photos seem to make most photos look very artistic compared to colour. Although you wouldn't really think so before removing the colour. Great portfolio

The comment you added is very true Clovis.

Dale

Comment

I'd love to be able to post b&w aircraft photos on JP, especially vintage or warbird aircraft.

That guy's work is awesome. Even though several have blown-out white parts, each photo has its own feeling. Great compositions too. Notice all his postings are digital (DSCN____.jpg) so he converted all these images from color to black & white. There are different ways to do that, none of whice are difficult.
          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
            I'd love to be able to post b&w aircraft photos on JP, especially vintage or warbird aircraft
            You can ...

[photoid=337867]

Like you say, Warbirds look their best in b&w

Comment

Originally posted by EGCC
              I'd love to be able to post b&w aircraft photos on JP, especially vintage or warbird aircraft
              You can ...

[photoid=337867]

Excellent! Too bad I've already uploaded all mine in color. Nice Mustang shot by the way Dale!

Comment

You can ...

Excellent! Too bad I've already uploaded all mine in color. Nice Mustang shot by the way Dale!
                It is possible to remove colour in Photoshop, simply select Image -> Desaturate.

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
                View the Darkside

Comment

Originally posted by G-MIDY
                  You can ...

It is possible to remove colour in Photoshop, simply select Image -> Desaturate.
                  Unfortunatley it is hard to acheive the true appearance of B&W film by doing this. Some people use Grayscale. Elements had a nice little tool called "Remove Color" which worked best imo.

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by G-MIDY
                    That's the easy way, but there is another way to do it with better results that I saw in a magazine. I just don't remember which one at the moment.

Comment

Call me ishmale, but im in the A/V club at my school and they have Sony digi cams (machiva) with picture effcts such as solorize, invert ect.. Theres this cool neon type setting. Realy awsome.
                      -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                        Call me ishmale, but im in the A/V club at my school and they have Sony digi cams (machiva) with picture effcts such as solorize, invert ect.. Theres this cool neon type setting. Realy awsome.
                        You can do all that in PS and still keep the original. lol.

That's the easy way, but there is another way to do it with better results that I saw in a magazine. I just don't remember which one at the moment.
                        Haha...thanks for the insight.

Comment

B&W film is where's it at.

-Greg, Photo 1 student

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                            B&W film is where's it at.

-Greg, Photo 1 student
                            I failed that class. lol Teacher was a fat f**ken prick. My prints were 20x better than all the work of his own he had hangin on the walls. And he had been doing it for 25 years.

I liked making prints though. Its alot of fun.

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                              I liked making prints though. Its alot of fun.
                              Yeah, digital may be easier for grab shots, shooting and making prints is fun.

My teacher has spent a bunch of time going over aperture and shutter speed. And focal length.

Comment

Working...
                              X