U.S. Presidential Debate Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Presidential Debate Topic

Post your thoughts/observations/opinions on the 9/30/04 U.S. Presidential Debates between President George Bush and Senator John Kerry here...
    please keep it civil and not a "bash the USA", "bash John Kerry", or "bash George Bush" thread....
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

please keep it civil and not a "bash the USA", "bash John Kerry", or "bash George Bush" thread....
    Good luck with that! :P
    They both have their points and they both get off the subject.
    I'm not entirely sure how much impact the debates will have on the American people anyway.
    Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
    ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

I'll say this... it's the best ping pong match since the quale / gore / stockdale debates!

I'm waiting for one of them to throw a shoe!!
      In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur2004
        I'll say this... it's the best ping pong match since the quale / gore / stockdale debates!

I'm waiting for one of them to throw a shoe!!
        Agreed. It's been pretty good so far...
        George R. Widener
        Oshkosh, WI USA
        Aircraft Photos Here
        Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

So far it has been VERY interesting...
          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
            other than GW repeating himself over and over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
              Originally posted by herpa2003
              other than GW repeating himself over and over and over again.
              I've been hearing Kerry do the same thing Emu...
              George R. Widener
              Oshkosh, WI USA
              Aircraft Photos Here
              Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Not taking into account anything they have actually SAID....but IMO, Senator Kerry looks much more confident than President Bush.
                ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Apperantly the only issue facing the United States is Iraq and terrorism. I guess things such as healthcare and the econmy aren't important

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                    Apperantly the only issue facing the United States is Iraq and terrorism. I guess things such as healthcare and the econmy aren't important
                    The topic tonight was supposed to center around foreign policy and homeland security, that's why the questions and answers have revolved around those subjects. There are more debates in October though, so I'm sure those topics will come up then.

Comment

One thing I have found interesting is that some of the points (accusations, really) that Kerry has made were refuted with hard information (a.k.a. percentages of funding increases, etc).
                      Latest example was the funding for securing "loose" nuclear materials worldwide. Kerry accused Bush of cutting that funding whereas Bush states it was actually increased 35%.
                      Spin on numbers (Bush) or lack of planning (Kerry)?
                      George R. Widener
                      Oshkosh, WI USA
                      Aircraft Photos Here
                      Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

I thuoght they weren't allowed to show Kerry and Bush at the same time? UPN/Fox has been though. ??
                        www.acairport.com

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168
                          I thuoght they weren't allowed to show Kerry and Bush at the same time? UPN/Fox has been though. ??
                          So has CBS, on split screen. Probably all the same newsfeed anyways...
                          George R. Widener
                          Oshkosh, WI USA
                          Aircraft Photos Here
                          Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

What would be the reason for that?

Comment

CSPAN has a constant split screen.
                              Basically, the news channels said they were going to use whatever cameras angles they want. And it looks like they are.

Comment

Working...
                              X