Roses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roses

Hey quick question. I'm getting a single rose for my girlfriend tomorrow, but the rose i got is wrapped halfway up the flow in clear wrap. It looks fine, but should I take that off when I give it to her or do I leave it wrapped???? Sorry this is stupid, but I've heard different answers from my friends that I've been asking today!! I really appreciate the help!

I hav no idea, but if you leave it in the wrapper, but take it off as you hand it to her...

Comment

Re: Roses

Originally posted by nwaA330
      Hey quick question. I'm getting a single rose for my girlfriend tomorrow, but the rose i got is wrapped halfway up the flow in clear wrap. It looks fine, but should I take that off when I give it to her or do I leave it wrapped???? Sorry this is stupid, but I've heard different answers from my friends that I've been asking today!! I really appreciate the help!
      I would take off the clear wrap and put the rose in a nice small vase.
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

so i should hand it to her in a vase?

Comment

Doesn't really matter how you give it to her, just that you give it to her.
          Nice to see that chivalry isn't dead...hopefully she will see the meaning behind your rose (I assume you have one? ).
          George R. Widener
          Oshkosh, WI USA
          Aircraft Photos Here
          Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

lol. This thread is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
              lol. This thread is hilarious.
              LOL
              George R. Widener
              Oshkosh, WI USA
              Aircraft Photos Here
              Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

If she is
                either German or Dutch by citizenship or ancestry,
                and observes some traditions you should consider taking off the wrapping even before getting to her door ... Always heard German ladies like recieving their flowers unwrapped. Leaving the wrapping shows you as a gooffy one.
                Alain
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

she's definately american, yeah i feel really stupid posting this topic, but whatever!

Comment

Originally posted by nwaA330
                    yeah i feel really stupid posting this topic
                    Uhmm..., not at all, beside you are just asking for opinions, right ?

It doesn't matter if you give the flower to your gf with the wrapper or not, the most important part is THE WAY YOU GIVE HER .
                    Alitalia > Always Late In Take-off Always Late In Arrival
                    American Airlines > Always Awful
                    PAL - phillippine airlines > Plane Always Late
                    BWIA > But Will It Arrives
                    CAAC > Crash All Around China / Chinese Airliners Always Crash
                    JAL - Japan Airlines > Just Another Loser
                    QANTAS > Quick And Nasty Transport Australian Style
                    TWA - Trans World Airlines > Terrorist Welcome Aboard / The Worst Airline
                    UTA > Unlikely To Arrive
                    MAS - Malaysia Airlines > Money And Sex
                    SIA - Singapore Airlines > Stupid Idiots Aboard
                    Aufganza mīntīdok orija zuedkaj upps'shaff fīnstrok dīr dcuber sakundar.

Comment

I used to work at a florist in college, as a delivery driver. The company I worked for NEVER used plastic wrapping. Don't leave the plastic on! It's just cheesy. Here's the best options if you want to make a presentation:

1. A tall slender bud vase with a matching-color ribbon around the neck of the vase.

Or.. Wrap the flower in tissue paper and tie the paper with matching-color ribbon.

If she's a girly-girl she'll be very impressed.
                      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                        I used to work at a florist in college, as a delivery driver. The company I worked for NEVER used plastic wrapping. Don't leave the plastic on! It's just cheesy. Here's the best options if you want to make a presentation:

1. A tall slender bud vase with a matching-color ribbon around the neck of the vase.

Or.. Wrap the flower in tissue paper and tie the paper with matching-color ribbon.

A second on this, as I used to have to do a little bit of floral department stuff back in my days of being a grocery store produce clerk.

Comment

is your girlfriend reading this LOL!!!
                          Only the dead have seen the end of the war-Plato

Comment

No, she's not reading this, she makes fun of me for being in a forum anyway! By the way, I gave the rose to her today and she loved it! I put it in this nice white vase and she started to cry! Thanks for the advice everyone!!!

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
                              Originally posted by PT737SWA

A second on this, as I used to have to do a little bit of floral department stuff back in my days of being a grocery store produce clerk.
                              I also second these presentation tips. The only other thing I maybe would add to this is to also have an appropriate card to go along with the rose.
                              Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Working...
                              X