Thinking of colleges already :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of colleges already :)

I am so excited, even though I am only a sophmore in high school :P , its a battle between Jacksonville University , and Embry Riddle .
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Embry Riddle is for morons.

Comment

I am so excited, even though I am only a sophmore in high school , its a battle between Jacksonville University , and Embry Riddle
      Dont get yourself crazy, your only a sophmore. Give it another year when you know your grades better, and take the PSAT/SAT and/or ACT.
      - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
        Embry Riddle is for morons.
        'Morons' who got higher SAT scores that bums in LAS

Comment

Re: Thinking of colleges already

Originally posted by Alaska Air Rules
          I am so excited, even though I am only a sophmore in high school :P , its a battle between Jacksonville University , and Embry Riddle .
          That's a LONG way from Alaska!
          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I really reccomend going to tour the schools (and others) before you make a decision. Both schools are very expensive so you should probably make sure that you'll be happy there.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
              I really reccomend going to tour the schools (and others) before you make a decision. Both schools are very expensive so you should probably make sure that you'll be happy there.
              I will definently do that
              You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Yeah, ERAU is for morons who are doing their masters degree in Business Administration in Airline Management.....

But honestly..you have some time..but ERAU is a pretty good choice.

-Pete
                Pete Ganabathi
                Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

There are really 3 top schools when it comes down to flying, and the SAFECON stadings really show how good these schools are, as for the 2004 final standings.

1- University of North Dakota
                  2- Western Michigan University
                  3- Embry Riddle- Prescott, Arizona campus

As for something closer to you, the University of Alaska Anchorage also has a flight school.

Comment

I'm partial to Big Ten schools myself. Make sure you look into Purdue.
                    Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
                    lp.org

Comment

while i agree that some schools are better than others, how much you're going to get out of it really depends on what you are willing to put into it. The SAFECON competition is pretty much a big joke. Its where every school's uber dorks (sorry mike, but its true) get together and see who can land their trainer in a 200ft box, something you should be able to do anyway. I would definately look into the U of Alaska program. There's lots of flying jobs in Alaska and going to school there would probably make networking for a job up there much easier. I gotta laugh whenever I hear about that school though, their hockey team sucks. Shame too, I think they have the coolest logo in the WCHA.

Comment

I don't even want to start thinking aboutapplying to colleges yet. I lived through my 4 older siblings going through that hell and I am not looking forward to it!

Comment

I'm going to start going through it; and its not going to be fun!
                          - The baby will be back -

Comment

My guidance counselor just started talking to me about it.

Comment

I didn't start looking and applying to colleges until I was in my second half of Junior year. YOu've got time.
                              www.acairport.com

Comment

Working...
                              X