• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Dale.

Comment

Re: Photos of your ride!

Originally posted by NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI
      Well this is the everloving post about one's best way to get around town, their ride.

Post a pic of your car.
      The daily-use vehicles;

A LandRover Freelander used by the South African team during the 1998 Camel Trophy, through Chile & Argentina.

A LandRover Discovery used as a raft-unit during the 1995 Camel Trophy, through Belize, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras & El Salvador.

The 'weekend' vehicles;

A LandRover 110 used as a workshop vehicle during the 1989 Camel Trophy, across the Amazon basin.

A LandRover 127 used as a workshop vehicle during the 1990 Camel Trophy, across Siberia.
      Yes, they are all mine
      View my photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Well Richards there are more than wheels, this is a fleet and what a fleet, each member featuring a story to tell, . Btw, how did you get them : do you size the opportunity of the return to factory in England and sale at rock-bottom price by Land Rover after overhauling ?
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
          Well Richards there are more than wheels, this is a fleet and what a fleet, each member featuring a story to tell, . Btw, how did you get them : do you size the opportunity of the return to factory in England and sale at rock-bottom price by Land Rover after overhauling ?
          Alain
          Hi Alain,

Yeah, it's not a bad little collection........ & they certainly would be able to tell some fairly interesting stories I'm sure . As for how I got them... it's varied, the first one was the Discovery which I found by accident when going to view a couple of standard vehicles for sale. The Freelander was next, bought from a friend, the day I picked it up was around 2 years since I'd last even seen it . The 110 was next, I had an email from a friend about that while I was still in Baghdad so one of the first things I did when I got back was to track it down & buy it. The 127 was the last one, that was advertised for sale in a magazine. The 127 is the only vehicle of its type left (there were originally 2 single-cabs, the other hasn't been heard of for several years & two double cabs (one stolen and one now resides in Germany)).

The 110 had the grand-total of 4,500km on the clock when I picked it up (bear in mind it's 15 years old!) and because it was a workshop unit has a couple of handy things built in, namely an inverter for 220v power & an arc-welding unit (both of which still work).

Alas 'rock-bottom price' and Land Rover are words that I havn't previously seen used in the same sentence

Cheers
          Richard
          View my photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

How you got them is a combination of interesting stories themselves, just finsihed browsing in the links to the Trophy they took part. About the 110 and its engine both new and settings already made, you sure stroke a nice deal. Have you a clear cut favorite, which hits the roads more often than the stablemates, or do you manage to put them on an even level ?
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X