Australian PM John Howard returned for historic fourth term

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian PM John Howard returned for historic fourth term

John Howard has won a fourth term as Prime Minister and he will return to government with an increased majority in the Parliament.

The Coalition's primary vote is up to nearly 47 per cent, which is nine points ahead of the ALP.
    Source
    YBBN - James

Great news!
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

4 Terms isn't really historic, didn't Hawk (?) do it not long ago?

Comment

worse thing is that it look's like the senate will be controlled by the govt, meaning any policies can be pushed through without debate or challenge, one of the worst outcomes.

next trips
        USA/DXB August.

Comment

[Howard] said the election result is historic, being the first time since the 1960s that an incumbent government has increased its majority at two consecutive elections.
          Source

The coalition is still one seat short of a majority in the Senate.
          YBBN - James

Comment

Hot Damn.....this is very good news indeed . Looks like a majority of Aussies are fairly level headed follks unlike the 'down under' contingant that hangs arounds on this forum .

Congrats Mr Howard, let's hope that most of my fellow Americans in less than a month will follow suit and give Mr Bush another 4 years .

Aldo

Comment

!
              Hot Damn.....this is very good news indeed . Looks like a majority of Aussies are fairly level headed follks unlike the 'down under' contingant that hangs arounds on this forum .

Congrats Mr Howard, let's hope that most of my fellow Americans in less than a month will follow suit and give Mr Bush another 4 years .

Aldo
              Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!

Ride em cowboy.

theres more fvcked up Americans on this site, then aussies - even per capita.

I suggest you got ya'lls sister and take her out to the barn, and have ya'll some lil family fun. I guess no one needs to tell you to do that, already on the way weren't ya'll?

Comment

Originally posted by Torin Wilson
                !

Aldo

Ride em cowboy.

I suggest you got ya'lls sister and take her out to the barn, and have ya'll some lil family fun. I guess no one needs to tell you to do that, already on the way weren't ya'll?
                A little touchy are we? But then your form Melbourne so I guess thats to be expected.

Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by Torin Wilson

Ride em cowboy.

Somebody needs to chill out a bit and look at what hes writing before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOSPACE99

Aldo
                    only reason why you think it's good is due to the stance our PM has taken on war on terror, in a nutshell, you have no idea what's going on down here, and don't even try to tell us that you do, cos you wouldn't even be able to tell me right now what a medicare levy is without searching. you have nada idea about our country or its system, so making ill informed statements shows your ignorance.

we sold ourselves to our govt by giving them senate, they can go to town on us and do what ever they want, no questions asked! thats not level headed, thats plain ignorance! and if you want me to start telling you why, TELSTRA is a good place to start.

but you seem so well informed, so maybe you can tell me why it's a good thing to have govt to control the senate? of course you can't, so leave out the ignorance aldo, apart from tthe fact that we support the war on terror, you have NO IDEA what happens here.

you want to go to UNI for a degree here, be prepared to shell out $100000 just to get in! fees have risen under this govt, and are set to rise another 30% to study say engineering, upfront domesti undergraduates are now expected to pay $150000. and your going to tell us that's a positive outcome, you tell me who can afford that? $170000 for a medical degree and so on, these are all changes our GOVT is going to make.

do you know anything about our tax system? we are the highest income taxing nation in the world, over 47% of a middle income earners wages go to taxes, if i had 2 jobs i'd be paying 50cents in the dollar income tax, bet you didn't know that we pay two taxes when we fill our car with fuel, we pay GST, then a tax on that tax, our fuel prices per liter are among the highest in the world, last year it cost me $58 to fill my car, now it's closer to $75.

next trips
                    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747

Aldo
                      only reason why you think it's good is due to the stance our PM has taken on war on terror, in a nutshell, you have no idea what's going on down here, and don't even try to tell us that you do, cos you wouldn't even be able to tell me right now what a medicare levy is without searching. you have nada idea about our country or its system, so making ill informed statements shows your ignorance.

we sold ourselves to our govt by giving them senate, they can go to town on us and do what ever they want, no questions asked! thats not level headed, thats plain ignorance! and if you want me to start telling you why, TELSTRA is a good place to start.

but you seem so well informed, so maybe you can tell me why it's a good thing to have govt to control the senate? of course you can't, so leave out the ignorance aldo, apart from tthe fact that we support the war on terror, you have NO IDEA what happens here.

you want to go to UNI for a degree here, be prepared to shell out $100000 just to get in! fees have risen under this govt, and are set to rise another 30% to study say engineering, upfront domesti undergraduates are now expected to pay $150000. and your going to tell us that's a positive outcome, you tell me who can afford that? $170000 for a medical degree and so on, these are all changes our GOVT is going to make.
                      FYI, I lived in Brisbane for 4 years (New Farm) , I have relatives in Newcastle, Tamworth and Caranavon, and I was down there last month visiting said family members. That said, I do plead a great deal of ignorance on the inner workings of the Aussie goverment but the fact that Howard by a noticable margin say a lot to me.

Tell ya what hot shot, stop making iditoic remarks about Bush, the US and it's people, and I'll do likewise. Still looking at your profile photo, I can see that you are truly a class act.

Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747

Aldo

FYI, I lived in Brisbane for 4 years (New Farm) , I have relatives in Newcastle, Tamworth and Caranavon, and I was down there last month visiting said family members. That said, I do plead a great deal of ignorance on the inner workings of the Aussie goverment but the fact that Howard by a noticable margin say a lot to me.

Tell ya what hot shot, stop making iditoic remarks about Bush, the US and it's people, and I'll do likewise. Still looking at your profile photo, I can see that you are truly a class act.

Aldo
                        don't believe i made idiotic remarks against US people, just made remarks about US govt and leadership, big difference, and i certainly made NO remarks about the US in general, you judged me by a photo! that's just about the most idiotic remark you could have made :P

next trips
                        USA/DXB August.

Comment

I'm watching this thread too.....

Comment

Originally posted by c72
                            I'm watching this thread too.....
                            If you lock this thread, that will be four threads locked in about 24 hours.

What's the record?
                            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

John Howards win is good news for whom? Mr. Latham had a lot of "baggage".

I would bet it was stay with the devil you know instead of switching to the devil you are not sure of.

Comment

Working...
                              X