Tornado's in Dallas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornado's in Dallas?

I'm thinking about this thing. I see in television the narrator said: "some day in the future a F5 tornado will strike Dallas" a city near dallas which is Forth Worth have been strike by a F0 it dosent cause severe damage but it is 30 miles from Dallas. If i'm wrong please quote me.
    F0
    0%
    F1
    0%
    F2
    0%
    F3
    0%
    F4
    0%
    F5
    0%
    Don't know
    0%
    Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

HUH???

Comment

Oh my gosh!! your from dallas!!

Comment

Re:

I'm thinking what he meant to say was that he's wondering how much damage an F5 will cause if it goes through Dallas.

I've seen F5 damage first hand, with my own eyes, and it's incredible to say the least. (Moore, Oklahoma, after the '99 tornado). And Fort Worth was hit by an F3, not an F0. I saw some of the Fort Worth damage also a year later when I was down there on a field trip.

Last year, I saw a program on TLC which documented the May 3rd, '99 tornado outbreak in Oklahoma, and they said Dallas city leaders knew the threat of an F5 hitting their city was real, 'cause it had happened just 175 miles to the north. So they prepared an emergency plan in the case that it were to get hit by an F5. They actually prepared for the worst-one hitting the city during rush hour in the evening. Will Dallas get hit by an F5? It's gonna happen sometime, unfortunately. Besides, Dallas has been hit by tornadoes in the past, just not strong ones.

Foxtrot

Comment

After the tornado strike (in the pogram i'm watching) i can only see the internel stracture. Incredible damage will caused and no time to build back dallas

Tornados sucks

Comment

I don't quite understand the poll question......

Yep, the tornado that hit Ft. Worth was an F#, which caused considerable damage. The Cash America building, which is about 12 stories was all but destroyed. They just finished rebuilding it last year. One of the other high-rises had almost all of its windows blown out. They were going to just level the building, but instead decided to refurbish it. The place looked like a nightmare after it happened. Supposedly, one of the law offices in the Cash America building housed a death-row inmate's appeal papers, and the guy ended up receiving like a year extension or something until they could re-do their case.
            Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Re:

The one I saw was the one you mentioned-the one that had almost all its wondows blown out. It's the Bank One Tower (or was atleast, I dunno if Bank One is still housed in it). It looked like the "Plywood Palace" of Boston (which was the one that had windows falling out because of a measuring error). All the blown-out windows were temporarily replaced with plywood sheets.

Anyway, going back to the thread, I saw a special on TLC today which showed shots of the Ft. Worth tornado and the resulting damage. Incredible stuff.

Foxtrot

Comment

Working...
              X