My hand at Black and White photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My hand at Black and White photography

Alas, I tried my hand at black and white photography... jus tell me how I can improve. Taken w/ a Nikon N65 w/ 28-90 mm lense this summer. Edited with Visioneer Paperport (something that just came free with my flatbed scanner... from yearsago.

The photo was taken in Guruvayur, Kerala, India this past summer. Its in an elephant sanctuary, and this guy is prepping the elephant for a festival in which the elephant marched thru this temple in procession...

Any insight would be helpful!

Ra

Oh, come on...its not that bad, is it?

Comment

Great pic
      You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Better than I could do!

Comment

Nice shot, looks a tad dark though...did you do any editing?

I've been throwing some D30 shots into B&W....

And a candid of my Dad, showing the hat I bought him while I was transiting through JFK

-Clovis[/img]

Comment

Actually, I did quite a bit of editting... the original photo is this colour version which my scanner really screwed up on. I think it has some problem with picking up green, so I dunno. Here's the original.

as is obvious, its just so...lacking. And its not the actual picture ; the developed paper copy of it looks just fine.

Here's another semi-real semi-editted shot that I love now... :wink
            [/img]

Comment

lol...a green elephant...
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
                precisely why i made it black and white.... not too many ppl have seen the green one. Well, I guess everyone that has a mind to find it can find it now, but I thought it looked...real funny.

Maybe I can show it to my friends and see what they think of the greenie...

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                  Originally posted by indian airlines
                  precisely why i made it black and white.... not too many ppl have seen the green one. Well, I guess everyone that has a mind to find it can find it now, but I thought it looked...real funny.

Maybe I can show it to my friends and see what they think of the greenie...
                  The color looks a lot like the color of the pictures in those old National Geographic magazines... from the 60s. A couple years ago in Art our teacher had a stack of them. Amazing.
                  Click Here to view my aircraft photos on here!
                  Click Here to view my aircraft photos...over there!

Comment

northerner,

I'm quite surprised to find that it looks like an NG Magazine pic from the 60's (pretty happy, actually!) but that wasnt my intention with the color copy of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X