10/13 Presidential Debate Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/13 Presidential Debate Thread

Comments on the last U.S. Presidential debate go here....

C'mon I'm sure some of you are watching.
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

I see Kerry is going after the gay/lesbian voting bloc.
    George R. Widener
    Oshkosh, WI USA
    Aircraft Photos Here
    Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Let's see if this thread gets locked.
      Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
      ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrewster1012
        Let's see if this thread gets locked.
        Well hopefully people will keep it civil so that won't be needed...oh, wait, I forgot where I was.
        George R. Widener
        Oshkosh, WI USA
        Aircraft Photos Here
        Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

I thought this was going to be all domestic issues. But I guess that went out the window...
          Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
          ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

It does seem to be mostly domestic issues...but is wandering around quite a bit.
            George R. Widener
            Oshkosh, WI USA
            Aircraft Photos Here
            Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Looks like it was pretty close to me. Both Bush and Kerry seemed to do well.
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Yeah, I guess so. Both seemed quite good...I really didn't find this debate much different from the other two though...both were just saying stuff that many of us have heard before. Dunno...I guess we just wait and see what happens on election day.
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

how could anyone say it was close? It was played live in New Zealand and Bush was a joke to say the least! He jumbled his words, he didn't answer some of the questions as they were asked. What about when he leaped into something then goes "ooh never mind..."

Kerry didn't faulter what so ever. I just hope between now and election day some Bush supporters will snap out of it, and vote for Kerry otherwise the worlds just gonna continue going backwards.

Comment

wish they would air it here, would be nice to watch! saw a show here the other night about working class americans in Ohio, which is a key state to both sides, i can't believe the people vote for Bush more due to his foreign policy (or lack of it) than his record on the economy, the most important issue seemed to be the war and security, not the creation of jobs and the economy!

next trips
                    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by steve181
                      how could anyone say it was close? It was played live in New Zealand and Bush was a joke to say the least! He jumbled his words, he didn't answer some of the questions as they were asked. What about when he leaped into something then goes "ooh never mind..."

Kerry didn't faulter what so ever. I just hope between now and election day some Bush supporters will snap out of it, and vote for Kerry otherwise the worlds just gonna continue going backwards.
                      Maybe because we have open minds? Its easy for a hardcore Kerry supporter to say that Kerry won, or for a hardcore Bush supporter to say that Bush won. The analysts and the undediceds have been saying that it was close, however.
                      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003

Maybe because we have open minds? Its easy for a hardcore Kerry supporter to say that Kerry won, or for a hardcore Bush supporter to say that Bush won. The analysts and the undediceds have been saying that it was close, however.
                        analyst reports i've read say Bush failed miserably, just looked at the quick votes on CNN and other sites and Kerry is miles ahead. i really disagree with the way Bush used religion to gain mileage and appeal to the masses, religion and politics should be seperate, not used to gain votes.

next trips
                        USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747

analyst reports i've read say Bush failed miserably, just looked at the quick votes on CNN and other sites and Kerry is miles ahead. i really disagree with the way Bush used religion to gain mileage and appeal to the masses, religion and politics should be seperate, not used to gain votes.
                          Of course CNN would say Kerry won.

Comment

analyst reports i've read say Bush failed miserably,
                            Well, it depends what analysts you listen to. Some say Bush won in a landslide, and others say Kerry won. You can't really be certain.

just looked at the quick votes on CNN and other sites and Kerry is miles ahead.
                            Those polls are inaccurate, since you can vote more than once in them. If you wanted to (and you had no life) you could vote 1,000 times.

i really disagree with the way Bush used religion to gain mileage and appeal to the masses, religion and politics should be seperate, not used to gain votes.
                            Well, it is a little difficult not to mention religion when the question you are asked is this- I would like to ask you, what part does your faith play on your policy decisions?

Comment

analyst reports i've read say Bush failed miserably,
                              Well, it depends what analysts you listen to. Some say Bush won in a landslide, and others say Kerry won. You can't really be certain.

just looked at the quick votes on CNN and other sites and Kerry is miles ahead.
                              Those polls are inaccurate, since you can vote more than once in them. If you wanted to (and you had no life) you could vote 1,000 times.

i really disagree with the way Bush used religion to gain mileage and appeal to the masses, religion and politics should be seperate, not used to gain votes.
                              Well, it is a little difficult not to mention religion when the question you are asked is this- I would like to ask you, what part does your faith play on your policy decisions?
                              didnt know that they asked him a religious question, we only saw bits on the news, but religion should NOT enter the political equation.

next trips
                              USA/DXB August.

Comment

Working...
                              X