Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
    http://www.jetphotos.net/user-uploads/deardensshot55.gif
    ?? Think you got the wrong thread, Adam.
    Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

I was just checking the link... sorry about that. In case anyone is wondering, thats a map of spotting locations at DAB :P

-ADam

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
        I was just checking the link... sorry about that. In case anyone is wondering, thats a map of spotting locations at DAB :P

-ADam
        Righto.
        Click below.

Comment

Just do what drunks do when they get their license taken away for DUI:

Drive anyway!

But seriously, damn, sounds like they're over-protective. I have a friend or two with parents like that. To clarify, do you have your learner's permit already, the one like I got when I was 14 or do you mean the full driver licence? Have you ever driven a car ever?

If you've never ever driven, ask them to hook you up with some professional driving instruction. Tell them you're concerned that you don't have the experience needed to become a safe driver. They might like the idea of you driving some other dude's car.

I see so many piss-poor drivers out there, I swear if/when I have kids of my own they WILL get their learner's permit the day they become elegible and they WILL drive all of the time under my supervision to get as much practice as possible.

I drove my own car about 25,000 miles last year and I drove buses probably 50-60 thousand miles on top of that. When I get to RIDE in a vehicle, it's a treat for me. Believe it or not.

About the not letting you fly solo thing, that's just plain cold, man. Have you tried letting one of your instructors go to bat for you on that one? No reason for your parents to be second-guessing the FARs. They say 16 for a reason.

But, you'll be 18 before you know it and you can do whatever you want. As long as you're paying for it! As long as you are dependant on them for money you're still sort of under their control even after you're out of their house. Just roll with it, or form an 'exit strategy'. Pros and cons to each route.

Mike
          Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
          lp.org

Comment

Hey Mike.

Originally posted by Van Hoolio
            Just do what drunks do when they get their license taken away for DUI:

Drive anyway!
            That would be very bad for me.

do you have your learner's permit already, the one like I got when I was 14 or do you mean the full driver licence? Have you ever driven a car ever?
            I got the card last week (for the reason that IF they decide to let me get my license the 5 month period I have to have held the permit will be out of the way), but still haven't driven. I re-park them around the house all the time, staying in the driveway (to move trash barrels for yardwork, etc.), and have practiced in empty parking lots quite a few times now, but no- no "real" driving yet.

ask them to hook you up with some professional driving instruction.
            Already took the class from Institute for Drivers Safety, got the insurance break and aced the test (I don't know what more they want).

About the not letting you fly solo thing, that's just plain cold, man. Have you tried letting one of your instructors go to bat for you on that one?
            The last three have tried relentlessly and failed.

Alas.
            Click below.

Comment

it's really sad about the flying thing, i went solo at 16 and didn't get as much as a whisper from my parents. have you tried the whole statictics thing on them, i.e. your more likely to get killed falling off a donkey than in an aeroplane? Or your more likely to get killed driving out to the airport.

I feel sorry for you about the flying and driving thing, but as someone else said your best bet might be hanging tight till your 18. Or you could protest by shutting off from them or something, or drive them mad and guilty by going 24/7 "i wish i could drive to school like other people". Or if they go "what do you want for your birthday?" and you make it real chezzy by going "i don't want anything from you, except approval to realise my life long dream of commanding an aircraft" that way you havent been a smart ass or pushy about it, and the balls completely in their court, all going well they'll be weak with guilt, cry or something when you say it even. It will only work if its equally or more chezzy than a scene from Dawsons Creek.

Comment

They sound a bit overprotective...I am surprised they let you take flying lessons at all Good luck convincing them.
                Click Here for my aviation photographs.
                No Frontiers

Comment

Originally posted by b777
                  They sound a bit overprotective...I am surprised they let you take flying lessons at all Good luck convincing them.
                  Well see that's the funny thing- my mom's dad died in a plane crash when he was flying his Stinson, and she's letting me fly but not drive. ???
                  Click below.

Comment

Good news guys- I took the wheel yesterday. Went down three major surface streets (50mph) on my first run.
                    Click below.

Comment

Working...
                    X