Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Torin Wilson
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/14/shrum/index.html
    I don't think the Communist News Network is a worthy source anymore (they employ people who work on sKerry's campaign), besides, that article is talking what a sKerry adviser thinks who won the debates, I might as well point out one with who Karl Rove thinks won the debates

If you saw the any of the debates, or read the transcripts, sKerry has managed to flip-flop on many issues. Here's a an extreme example:
    Remember in the 2nd debate, someone asked him if he would promise to NOT raise taxes for those making less than 200k a year? Well, he did make the promise, but by doing so, he just put his foot in his mouth, because in his very own economic plan, which says that Kerry hopes to "restore the top two tax rates to their levels under President Clinton."
    If you restore those top two tax levels, lots of people who make well under $200,000 a year would, in fact, have their taxes raised under the John Kerry plan.
    For instance, for married couples filing jointly, the tax rate would rise from 33 to 35 percent above $178,651
    For heads of households, the 33 percent rate would grow to 35 percent above $162,701
    For married couples filing separately, the 35 percent rate increases to 39.6 percent above $159,550
    Single filers would move from 33 to 35 percent above $146,751
    And for married couples filing separately, the 33 percent rate would increase to 35 percent above $89,326.
    Thanks to his words and website, Kerry's week-old tax pledge already is ablaze. Americans who earn as little as $89,327 can expect federal tax hikes.

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/14/shrum/index.html
      CNN is anti-Bush. Everyone knows that. Your link gets no credibility.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Neither do your hick comments.

I only managed to catch the end of the last debate, where they discussed how Kerry had won all 3, admittedly by a very thin margin.

Comment

Neither do your hick comments.
          Hey thanks for the personal attack @$$hole. I was referring to CNN's credibility, not yours. Am I a hick because I'm from Texas? Well go throw a shrimp on the Barbie, throw your boomerang and feed your koala - "mate"
          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I'm far from being an Australian. Just because thats where I am now, doesn't mean thats where I am from.

How ever, I apologize.

I only offered up a link where what I said is reiterated. I don't watch CNN, so I don't know what they are like. From what I last remembered, CNN was one of the most respected News channels.

Would someone care to provide a link that states something other then what the CNN one does?

Comment

I only offered up a link where what I said is reiterated. I don't watch CNN, so I don't know what they are like. From what I last remembered, CNN was one of the most respected News channels.

Would someone care to provide a link that states something other then what the CNN one does?
              Unfortunately, CNN is probably only respected outside of the US, as far as I'm concerned... they lost most of its credibility when they hired sKerry advisors to be "commentators" on their shows, giving sKerry free airtime to get his talking points out.

Anyway, heres the latest zogby poll (which is done by a known democRat supporter):
              http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews886.html

Shows Bush going up 2 pts after the 3rd debate, which you claim, based on a cnn report on what a sKerry advisor said sKerry won all 3 debates. Now that I've entertained your request, please read other news sources besides than cnn. Oh don't bother with abc news in the US either. After their attempted hit piece against John O'neil on nightline last night failed miserably, they plan on airing an "ABC produced" documentumentary on sKerry's time in 'Nam:
              http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...3730-5282r.htm
              I guess they gotta prop their boy up now that W's won the last 2 debates. When the mainstream media claims that it was close or tied, the Republican actually won

BTW, nice job on getting Howard back into office! I'm sure the terrorists/cowards in Bali didn't count on Howard getting back into office.

Comment

Couple of things, I checked a few sites and couldn't find any actual results other then CNN.

And:

BTW, nice job on getting Howard back into office! I'm sure the terrorists/cowards in Bali didn't count on Howard getting back into office.
                I AM NOT AN AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN. I'm not allowed to vote in this country. I am and hve been a permenant resident of Australia since 2nd July this year.

Comment

Couple of things, I checked a few sites and couldn't find any actual results other then CNN.

And:

I AM NOT AN AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN. I'm not allowed to vote in this country. I am and hve been a permenant resident of Australia since 2nd July this year.
                  Regarding "debate winners/losers", you're not going to find any "hard" results, since most are either internet polls or commentary on who won and lost, and depending on who is writing the story, either Bush won or sKerry won. You won't find a truly unbiased analysis, said, but true. The only thing you can do is read the transcript of the debate, and decide FOR YOURSELF who "won" the debate.

In my opinion, Bush won by bringing up sKerry's voting record, and pointed out the only consistent thing with sKerry is his votes against funding the military, and raising taxes. The fact that he was so willing to pander, he said something that would contradict HIS OWN ECONOMIC PLAN is just the icing on the cake. This man, sKerry, does not even know his own plans, even when its been written out, and posted on his own website.

Comment

Working...
                  X