X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Bush loosing or winning??

Mr.Bush is LOOSING YAHOO!!!
    Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

I'm not picking on you inparticular as I know that English isn't your first language though you do speak (type?) it very well. But what is it with people on internet forums that spell losing as loosing.

Comment

Great, another foreigner who thinks his opinion about the U.S. election actually means something.

In case you haven’t checked, Bush is doing just fine. He is well ahead of Kerry in the Electoral College, which is what really matters. Bush has a lock on all the states he won in 2000 with only Ohio and New Hampshire being troublesome but not a cause for serious concern. Kerry on the other hand is in danger of Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New Mexico, Oregon, and Michigan going for Bush. Also, due to changes from the 2000 census, the states Bush won in 2000 give him more electoral votes than they did in the last election. So Bush could lose New Hampshire and still win with 274 EV’s. Kerry on the other hand has to take a large state from Bush and not lose any others at the same time.

Comment

Bush is in fact not losing. The polls are within a point or 2 of each other, with a margin of error + or - 3 points. It's pretty much dead even. And like B757300 said it's the electoral voted that count. So we may have a replay of 2000 where Bush won, without winning the popular vote.

I don't think there will be a clear winner the morning after the election.
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I am not a Bush supporter. I will however admit that I think he will win this election, regardless of what the bs.com poll says right now.

It's sad but true...

Comment

in some ways i want Bush to win even though, i'm a kerry supporter, because if things are out of control now, wait for another year or so, it's gonna be hell. And myself and all the other level headed people will go to the bush supporters "well... i told you so". In the debate Kerry looks like a president, Bush is just a little monkey faced blood thirsty child.

Comment

The only poll that matters in on election day...and what the electoral college does.
              Talk here in Wisconsin is that Bush is way ahead of Kerry...and judging from the people I've talked to and the amount of pro-Bush signs up in the area I'd have to think that at least here in the lower Fox Valley it is true.
              George R. Widener
              Oshkosh, WI USA
              Aircraft Photos Here
              Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                So we may have a replay of 2000 where Bush won, without winning the popular vote.
                which brings up the question...wtf is the point of the popular vote. i thought the people were supposed to elect their pres, not the government.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                  So we may have a replay of 2000 where Bush won, without winning the popular vote.
                  which brings up the question...wtf is the point of the popular vote. i thought the people were supposed to elect their pres, not the government.
                  Isn't it so the elections don't just please the major metropolitan areas of the country?
                  Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by B757300
                    Great, another foreigner who thinks his opinion about the U.S. election actually means something.

In case you haven’t checked, Bush is doing just fine. He is well ahead of Kerry in the Electoral College, which is what really matters. Bush has a lock on all the states he won in 2000 with only Ohio and New Hampshire being troublesome but not a cause for serious concern. Kerry on the other hand is in danger of Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New Mexico, Oregon, and Michigan going for Bush. Also, due to changes from the 2000 census, the states Bush won in 2000 give him more electoral votes than they did in the last election. So Bush could lose New Hampshire and still win with 274 EV’s. Kerry on the other hand has to take a large state from Bush and not lose any others at the same time.
                    lose the contempt of foreigners, without us you'd be stuck in a war on your own, we have an opinion due to the fact that YOUR elections are shoved down our face by the media.

next trips
                    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
                      we have an opinion due to the fact that YOUR elections are shoved down our face by the media.
                      Well, it is pretty important to the rest of the world, considering that whoever is elected (or re-elected) will be in charge of the only current superpower. What we do affects the rest of the world greatly, which you obviously know by now.

That being said, I agree with you. Our elections shouldn't be shoved down your throat; however it shoud be covered in a way that thsoe who care are happy, and that those who don't care don't feel overwhelmed by information that is of little interest to them.
                      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by B757300

I'd like to see you say that to some one in thier face...believe me if you don't get your ass beat.......Anyone can say this stuff over the internet.....(sorry had to "vent" on that very immature comment.

Tsk Tsk Tsk.....Actually his opinion does mean somthing....because what goes on here effects the whole world....
                        ***My Blog***

Comment

Go way back to Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe, and the like. They stated that there was a need for an electoral college because the average citizen was not intelligent enough to vote. I'll look it up in my AP History and/or my AP Government book to find the exact quote.
                          It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

There isn't any point in the so called "popular vote". It is just something the media and anti-EC supporters push. When you vote for your choice for President, you're actually casting a vote for Bush or Kerry electors. Remember, we don't live in a democracy. We live in a Federal Republic. What the Electoral College does is provide a balance between states with large populations and states with smaller populations.

Think about this, if the "popular vote" was all that mattered, where would the candidates spend all their time? Most likely in New York, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, Dallas, Houston, Miami, and a few other large cities. In other words, the votes of most people would become unimportant as no candidate would ever waste time going to a state with a small population.

The Electoral College also helps to counter balance Democrat voter fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                              Isn't it so the elections don't just please the major metropolitan areas of the country?

Oh yeah...and that's why SC is such a battleground state...

Comment

Working...
                              X