Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ Transit sucks

Just need a place to vent.

Waited 2 hours twice today for a bus that comes every 15 minutes. Go figure.

If you live in NJ, buy a car. Don't ride the bus.
    www.acairport.com

I've never been a fan of transit in any city...always so filthy and riddled with germs... I'll be driving forever, though it's going to suck when a litre of gas costs as much as a bottle of vodka...
    My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

our transit sucks to! my friends complain about the bus driver saying no, and telling them to wait till he comes back. Plus our bus fleet is @#$%ed up!
      -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by A332
        I've never been a fan of transit in any city...
        Public transit in Germany is excellent.

Even in the tiny town I lived, service was regular, punctual, and very abundant.
        Will F.
        Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

I felt bad for the bus drivers! There were two buses that do this route on Saturday, and the drivers have to constantly go back and fourth. I was sitting in the front of the bus tonight talking to the bus driver, telling me about how he has to stay on close to schedule as possible, and gets almost no break time at all throughout the day. He said they come down pretty hard on him too when passegners complain about him and the other driver on the route being late. He says all these things put alot of pressure on him.

He announced on the PA on the bus tonight that "If we want better service and treatment for the bus drivers, e-mail, call, mail, do whatever you have to do" to get through to Academy Bus Services, who operates this route and others for NJ Transit.

I sent an e-mail and am waiting a reply.

Plus our bus fleet is @#$%ed up!
          Our bus fleet is pretty crappy too. Some of those buses coming around about 15-20 years now, and they sound (and look) like they're about to fall apart. However, some routes are now recieving some of these really nice MCI 45 Ft. coach buses, which are clean, comfortable, and quiet. I had the pleasure of riding one just last week when I went up to visit relatives in Central NJ. However the chance of local bus routes getting these nice, new, clean buses is about .00001% (although the #64 Lakewood-->Hoboken and 67 Toms River-->Lakewood-->Newark has them, so there is a tiny bit of hope).

www.acairport.com

Comment

NJ Transit sucks

Originally posted by Crazy764
            Originally posted by A332
            I've never been a fan of transit in any city...
            Public transit in Germany is excellent.

Even in the tiny town I lived, service was regular, punctual, and very abundant.
            Gotta agree on that , well, at least most of the time. Usually, when I had to get to school, the bus was delayed 3-10 minutes, but whenever I just wanted to go shopping, to the airport, or anything else, the busses were 100% on time . With the trains I've only had the occasional delay during the rushhour when the people took their time to board the train, but that's it.

-Colin

Comment

Working...
            X