Heading to NYC, any Cheap Hotels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading to NYC, any Cheap Hotels?

I was just wondering if anyone on here has any recommendations on a reasonably priced (and not disgusting) hotels in and around Manhattan. I'm coming up there for the International Hotel and Restaurant Convention in 3 weeks and will be flying in and out of LGA on YX. I found a rate of $109 at the LGA Marriott....anyone have an opinion on it. Basically what we're looking for is something below $200/night, in a safe location, with easy access to Manhattan. I know below $200 is out of the question in Manhattan in terms of nice hotels, but commuting via the subway isnt a problem, as long as its under like 30-45 mins. Also, any bars (21 + Under...one of the girls is 20...fcuk) u would reccommend would be fantastic, after all....that's why i'm going!
    Packin more nuts than Delta Airlines
    -PT-

The LGA Marriot is an ok hotel, nothing too special, but if you cant find anything else, its worth it. Its not a dump, but their are a lot of better hotels, which cost a lot more money though.
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

I figured it wouldn't be anything special, but i'll take a Marriot for $109 over a Holiday Inn for $300 any day....btw how is the access to Manhattan from that part of Queens.
      -PT-

Comment

I'm not that familiar with that area in Queens, their should be a subway nearby, renting a car shouldnt be tooo expensive either.
        - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
          I'm not that familiar with that area in Queens, their should be a subway nearby, renting a car shouldnt be tooo expensive either.
          But parking it in Manhattan would be outrageously expensive.

why don't you try priceline.com?
          you could bid $125 for a hotel somewhere in manhattan
          that usually works for me

Comment

Your coming in for the " International "Hotel" and Restaurant Convention and you can't find a decent priced hotel on your own? Do you work in the industry or just checking out the convention for kicks???

Comment

priceline is the go, bid what you wanna pay and see how you go, just gotta have a credit card and it gets billed immediately

next trips
              USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
                priceline is the go, bid what you wanna pay and see how you go, just gotta have a credit card and it gets billed immediately
                Yeah...I have found that it often doesn't work for NY tho--it can't get the right price a lot of times.

Priceline a 3 star--you should be able to get it for $125.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                  Yeah...I have found that it often doesn't work for NY tho--it can't get the right price a lot of times.

Priceline a 3 star--you should be able to get it for $125.
                  i got 6 nites so far in YYZ for 200$usd allup, cheap as chips.

next trips
                  USA/DXB August.

Comment

Well, I do work in the industry, but the deals I get are at the Waldorf-Astoria and Warwick, two amazing hotels, but the deals are still not cheap enough for a group of broke college students. Would be nice to have more of a connection at other hotels, but i guess that's the way it goes when you work at a smaller property hotel. I know, it's the WALDORF, but damn.....i'm broke!
                    -PT-

Comment

I am familiar with this area and transportation in it, and I can tell you that getting to the city won't exactly be the easiest thing from the LGA airport area, because there are no subways. You'll basically have to take the hotel's airport shuttle bus to the airport terminal, and then get on the M60 bus to Astoria, which takes about 20 minutes, where you'll then transfer for the (N) train to Manhattan, which takes about 15-20 minutes from Astoria to Times Square (About 10 stops). You can also take the M60 bus directly into Manhattan, however the area of Manhattan it goes into is (I'm saying 99%) not the part you want to go into, and you'll still have to take the subway a good 10-15 minutes to get to the business district.

May I recommend the Howard Johnson LaGuardia Airport, which is about 4-5 miles from the airport, is only about 2-3 blocks from a subway station, and has restaurants and bars like Applebees and others only about 1/4 mile away. This hotel isn't too bad, as I've had relatives that have stayed there. It shold cost somewhere between 90-100 per night. The subway is only 2 blocks away, and it should take about 20-25 minutes to get to the Times Sq. area by subway. Contact me for information how in this thread or via PM.

Hope I could be of some help.
                      www.acairport.com

Comment

Hey thanks for the Info Matt. I was looking at the map of where the convention center, and it looks like it's in the west-central part of Manhattan, just across the river from Jersey. Dont know much about the area really, so your info is really helpful. I know that the Marriott is 3 miles away from the #7 Subway station, so i think that wouldnt be too bad via taxi/bus...but who knows.
                        -PT-

Comment

Hey thanks for the Info Matt. I was looking at the map of where the convention center, and it looks like it's in the west-central part of Manhattan, just across the river from Jersey. Dont know much about the area really, so your info is really helpful. I know that the Marriott is 3 miles away from the #7 Subway station, so i think that wouldnt be too bad via taxi/bus...but who knows.
                          -PT-

Comment

Originally posted by MCIFLYR
                            The convention center isn't exactly in the best neighborhood, but that's ok. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from the 42nd St./8th Av. subway station on the A/C/E trains, or about 15-20 min. from Times Square. The M34 bus also goes to the convention center, and runs along 34th St., from end to end.

Also, a common misconception, the N/W trains are a bit closer to the LaGuardia Airport area than the 7 train is, and will provide you with a bit of a quicker way to the city. Also keep in mind that while 3 miles may not seem far, on city streets with red lights, traffic, and bus stops, it can take a long time; that's why having a subway station within walking distance is usually better, because obviously subways don't get stuck in traffic. Glad I could be of some help
                            www.acairport.com

Comment

i got 6 nites so far in YYZ for 200$usd allup, cheap as chips.

yeah...when we went to SFO, we got rooms at the hyatt regency and it costed more to park my sisters car overnight that it did to stay in the room!

Comment

Working...
                              X