how long to spend at niagara falls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWA733Captain
    A day-trip should be all you need. I've never really found much to do there, Cave of the Winds and the Maid of the Mist were the only thing I found close to exciting there. It's a breath-taking sight for the first couple minutes, but just gets boring to me quickly.
    Cave of the winds, Maid of the Mist, AeroCar over the whirlpools, Jet Boats in the Whirlpools, and loads of other tourist attraction type stuff (which I like to avoid).

Btw Monty, keep in mind that there will be long queues for most of this stuff, so that will take time. And they have some sort of a shuttle bus, called the "people mover". Get a ticket for one of these. Once you have a ticket, you can get on and off these buses any number of times, and they stop at each attraction. They are lifesavers - seriously consider getting a ticket
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
      They are lifesavers - seriously consider getting a ticket
      Indeed. Because most of the attractions have limited/no parking right beside them.
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Cave of the winds is on the US side where Longreach will not be going, Maid of the mist. Spanish Aerocar, Jetboats and People Mover are all seasonal and will be closed. The Canadian side journey behind the falls tunnels are open year round.

Comment

Cave of the winds is on the US side where Longreach will not be going
          My bad. The thing on the Canadian Side is called "Journey Behind the falls". It's awesome. You really get to be "up close and personal" with the falls.
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Working...
          X