X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlyCharlestonSC
    replied
    I'm a Kerry supporter, and Bush has nothing to do with it. Maybe Dick Cheney (and that's reason enough to get rid of Bush) and halliburton, but that's it. It's not like gas would be so much cheaper if someone other than hallibuton had won all of the contracts.

Leave a comment:

• Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by steve181
    These rising fuel prices are another reason to get rid of Bush,
    Elaborate please? I'm curious

Leave a comment:

• steve181
    replied
    it cost $25 more than a year ago to perform the same flight at my aero club now. These rising fuel prices are another reason to get rid of Bush, thats for sure, and then after that trying to convince mainly americans to buy more "friendly fuel consumption cars"

Leave a comment:

• Greg
    replied
    $1.97/gal here. It costs me roughly $25 every other week to fill up my 3.8L V6 Bonneville.

Which is why I want to pick up a Hyundai Sonata.

Leave a comment:

• srbmod
    Guest replied
    Went and filled up today @ $1.91 a gallon; it cost me $23.50 to fill up (I have a 14 gallon tank in my car). Strange thing was that the gas station I filled up at was cheaper today than yesterday; regular unleaded was $1.95 yesterday when I passed by there around 6 am.

Leave a comment:

• Katamarino
    replied
    Originally posted by b777
    Had to pay about $30 to top off my tank recently

My heart bleeds! Costs 35 (whats that, $55?) to fill up the tank here!

Leave a comment:

• herpa2003
    replied
    Man, I can remember earlier this summer when people were talking about how outragous $40/barrel was...

Leave a comment:

• b777
    replied
    Had to pay about $30 to top off my tank recently

Leave a comment:

• PortColumbus
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
    Originally posted by PT737SWA
    Hmm...sounds like a smart time to replace our suburban with that volvo my parents have been talking about!
    My father in-law traded his H2 for a Suburban. I don't know if that's an improvement in fuel economy or not...
    It is. Even though they are basically the same, I would guess that the hummer gets worse gas milage because it looks bulkier and is less streamlined.
    The H2 also uses a 6.0L V8, only found on Suburban 2500s. The 1500 Suburban uses the 4.8 and 5.3.

My Elantra is rated 24/32.

Leave a comment:

• FlyCharlestonSC
    replied
    Hmm...sounds like a smart time to replace our suburban with that volvo my parents have been talking about!
    My father in-law traded his H2 for a Suburban. I don't know if that's an improvement in fuel economy or not...
    It is. Even though they are basically the same, I would guess that the hummer gets worse gas milage because it looks bulkier and is less streamlined.

Leave a comment:

• AEagle40
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisburns
    I sold my 5.3L V8 GMC truck for a 1.8L 4cyl. Turbo VW Passat. MUCH better gas mileage!
    I traded in my Mazda B4000 (Same as a Ford Ranger) V6 4.0L for a 2.3L V4 Mazda 3, about double the gas mileage, but I sure miss my truck.
    I traded my 98 Dodge Stratus with a 2.4 I4 for a 98 Jeep Wrangler with a 4.0 I6. Whoops

Leave a comment:

• DAL767-400ER
    replied
    F**K this, Oil closes at $55 a barrel

Originally posted by babypurin
    Originally posted by Longreach747
    to pick up 17 y/o chix perhaps?

airlines usually hedge there fuel costs, qantas hedged there barrell of oil cost at $32USD a barrell, so makes no difference to them.

our govt has a 55% tax on fuel, thats why we pay so much.
    55% perecent ?!?! thats way too much!
    55%, lol. Obviously, none of you has been to Germany in recent years. Our government gets fuel taxes of between 70-75&. THAT'S INSANE .

-Colin

Leave a comment:

• chrisburns
    replied
    I sold my 5.3L V8 GMC truck for a 1.8L 4cyl. Turbo VW Passat. MUCH better gas mileage!
    I traded in my Mazda B4000 (Same as a Ford Ranger) V6 4.0L for a 2.3L V4 Mazda 3, about double the gas mileage, but I sure miss my truck.

Leave a comment:

• B757300
    replied
    One thing that would help is if people would quit speculating on oil. Analysts believe that $15-$20 of the current price is driven by the speculators. Some analysts are now thinking that the price is being driven up by someone :cough, cough: George Soros :cough, cough: that is trying to influence the Presidential election.

Mark my words, if Bush wins the price will sky rocket thanks to manipulation of the market. If Kerry wins, expect it to drop like a rock to $40 per barrel or less.

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    H2=suburban with different body panels. I thought I remember hearing somewhere that the chassis is the same

Leave a comment:

Working...
X