Hiroshima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiroshima

If you have not been to Hiroshima, I stongly recomend it. With what happened there, its amazing how it ever was built back to how it is today.

It truely is an amazing place to visit, the crowded ness, of it being so busy and lifefull is a unique experience whenthinking about what happened.

Monuments are all over the place in remembrance with what happened.

Probably the most commonly taken photo at Hiroshima.

And from in the peace museum

(see how common it is)

It is a town where you stop and think if all teh fighting and bombing was ever worth it. In My Opinion, Japan is the only country in the world who has the right, with reason to tell someone they shouldnt have nuculear weapons. With everything they went through 60 odd years ago.
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

the flame will be extinguished only when the last nuclear weapon is destroyed, i've been wanting to go there, alot of Japanese people i know won't go there because they don't like to be reminded of this tragedy.

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

my mom went there, said it was very moving.

Comment

Thanks for clearing up the flame business i heard something but was taking teh photo so didnt catch all of what was said. The whole place is moving, the museum is a must see, Its very graphic but I think everyone should see it. Really is incredible and it really gives a whole new perspective on war and what happens, most of what you see on TV is censored, but the museum isnt. Its the harsh reality of war.
        Sam Rudge

Comment

Nice pics
          Thanks a lot for posting them Sam
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Nice Pictures!

I've actually considered going there many times myself, but never had the funds or time. Hopefully one day I'll be able to visit too.
            www.acairport.com

Comment

I've always wanted to go to Japan, and would definetly stop over their if I did go.
              - The baby will be back -

Comment

Nuclear war just scares me. I have read books about it and I saw the enola gay at the udvar hazy center. It was really erie. I would like to go to Hiroshima, but it's a little far for me at this point. (about 2x as far away from home as I have ever been )

Comment

I've never seen such detailed pics of the Peace Park, thanks for the shots!

By the way, is the third picture a monument to the story of Sadako and the Thousand Cranes?

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

The building in the second picture is the only building(at this time) standing that was there when this happened right??
                    ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by FlyCharlestonSC
                      but it's a little far for me at this point. (about 2x as far away from home as I have ever been )
                      That's no reason not to go. There's no rule that says you should only travel close to home at first and then slowly expand

Comment

A few more pics (Now that im awake)

The monument that was seen in number 3 with all the cranes donated from around the world.

Taken looking through the flame to the peace museum which also has builings to the left and right of the photo.

Another (there are probably hundreds i didnt see in my short trip) memorial with some cranes.

Originally posted by Asian Brushstroke
                        I've never seen such detailed pics of the Peace Park, thanks for the shots!

By the way, is the third picture a monument to the story of Sadako and the Thousand Cranes?
                        That munument in particular was one to all the victims of the bomb (from memory). But however as seen it is situated right beside all the cranes that haev seen sent in from all around the world.

However, one of the few photso i took in the museum itself (no flash photography and 99% of whats in there just isnt appropriate)

Which are some of the cranes Sadako made before passing away.

Originally posted by PIA310
                        The building in the second picture is the only building(at this time) standing that was there when this happened right??
                        Correct, they have had two restoration projects on it so far (you can see some metal bars in it) and want to keep it forever. It was pretty much right under the bomb when it went off. In the museum they have lots of 3d maps with all the buildings that survived and where the bomb went off where it was aimed etc.

FlyCharlestonSC, thats not much of an excuse. The flight from KIX to CHC was almost 12 hours, which is almost 4 times longer than i had ever been before.
                        Sam Rudge

Comment

CO just announced service from GUM to Hiroshima.
                          Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

Nice pictures!
                            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Very nice pictures sam! ... It's a cold reminder that nuclear weapons have no place on this planet.

Hope you had a good time! We're you will a school group? (first picture)

-Adam

Comment

Working...
                              X