Million dollars for free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Million dollars for free?

I recieved a e-mail some days back informing me I had won a million US dollars in a random lottery draw held by some company called "Euro American.... something" they siad they were experimenting with some new thing and to get it rolling they selected people at random from various parts of the world, even quoted a ticket number and the lucky numbers that I never bought or selected, anywayds I contacted their PR person by replying and he forwarded me a form asking for personal details etc. all of it looked so genuine, I deleted both mails, do you think it was for real? any one else recieve the same? the prize I supposedly won was from a grand total of 30,000,000 dollars, so I'm wondering.

Don't be a sucker.

Comment

Re: Million dollars for free?

Originally posted by LUNN
      I recieved a e-mail some days back informing me I had won a million US dollars in a random lottery draw held by some company called "Euro American.... something" they siad they were experimenting with some new thing and to get it rolling they selected people at random from various parts of the world, even quoted a ticket number and the lucky numbers that I never bought or selected, anywayds I contacted their PR person by replying and he forwarded me a form asking for personal details etc. all of it looked so genuine, I deleted both mails, do you think it was for real? any one else recieve the same? the prize I supposedly won was from a grand total of 30,000,000 dollars, so I'm wondering.
      Yea... i have this e-mail from some guy in Africa named Amud Ambar Akaud Foo Hin Cha thats being persecuted by some government and his family was killed and he needs to get his family's fortune out of Africa. He says he'll give you a quarter of the fortune if you give him your account info and let him transfer the money into your account then have him take it out later. Want me to foreward the e-mail to you?
      Don't be a moron

Comment

if you really thought it was for real couldent you set up another bank account with $0 in it, so if it was a scam (99% probability), theres nothing on your account for them to take.

Comment

Million dollars for free?

Sounds familiar. Maybe "The Nigeria Connection" rings a bell .

-Colin

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
            Sounds familiar. Maybe "The Nigeria Connection" rings a bell .

-Colin
            Was thinking that too.
            - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
              Yea... i have this e-mail from some guy in Africa named Amud Ambar Akaud Foo Hin Cha thats being persecuted by some government and his family was killed and he needs to get his family's fortune out of Africa. He says he'll give you a quarter of the fortune if you give him your account info and let him transfer the money into your account then have him take it out later. Want me to foreward the e-mail to you?
              Don't be a moron
              lol...my reply to his email

Mr. Alan Himaud Shaan, do you like BUTTSEKZ???!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                Don't be a moron

Comment

The mail had a UK address, and it was only concerning a lottery, it was very western and had nothing to do with any African country, no one was begging to help transfer there money etc, eeven an uncle of mine recieved a similar mail last year but he deleted it without finding out more.

Speaking of the African mail's I have even recieved some sweet ones from ladies in South Africa on the same lines as the ones from Nigeria.

Comment

The mail had a UK address, and it was only concerning a lottery, it was very western and had nothing to do with any African country, no one was begging to help transfer there money etc, eeven an uncle of mine recieved a similar mail last year but he deleted it without finding out more.

Speaking of the African mail's I have even recieved some sweet ones from ladies in South Africa on the same lines as the ones from Nigeria.
                    At least your uncle has a brain...

Comment

I get so many that I could probably open a collection album
                      They are the small fries such as freelotto and the newest one
                      - it's registered in ireland
                      - it's organized in Switzerland
                      - it's under the Patronage of Hon the Sultan of Brunei (nothing less)
                      - it promises you 2 million Euros (approx 2.7 million $) BUT
                      - it requires you to pay some 2,250 Euros of "taxes and other levies applicable in the EEC.
                      Well Well Well
                      Alain
                      Thanks for visiting
                      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                      *JetPhotos*
                      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                        post of the year
                        Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                        - Metzgermeister

Comment

I have noticed another one involving a weather beaten, well used-up explorer/adventurer who hid somewhere $1 million, was ready to share with anyone willing to invest in helping him to travel back to a mysterious pagoda in Eastern Asia and retrieve his possession.
                          Alain
                          Thanks for visiting
                          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                          *JetPhotos*
                          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I just delete thse emails. Although ocassionally I read them for a laugh.. then I delete them.
                            http://www.aircraftinaction.co.uk/

Comment

I have a friend who works at the Spanish Embassy to the Netherlands. They get a couple of calls per month, from people asking them about this Dutch "lottery". The "winner" is always asked first to place some 6.000 euros on a bank acount, because of some strange "transfers" they have to make.

Of course this is bullsh*t and all they want is to steal you 6.000 euros...

Comment

Working...
                              X