Canadian Car Manufacturers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Car Manufacturers

Does anyone know of a Canadian Car brand? Obviously there aren't any left today, but I mean historic ones.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Will F.
    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Yukon Joe's Horse Company... j/k

Specially souped up transports available for the mounties.

Seriously, I have no idea.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

There is one that springs to mind.

Bricklin, was manufactured in Nova Scotia, and is quite the collectors item.

Bricklin International is the premier club dedicated to the preservation of the nearly 3000 Bricklin automobiles produced by General Vehicle Corporation in 1974 and 1975.

Comment

By definition, "car" doesn't necessarily mean what we usually think of it as.

Main Entry: car
        Pronunciation: 'kär, dial also 'kor, 'kyär
        Function: noun
        Etymology: Middle English carre, from Anglo-French, from Latin carra, plural of carrum, alteration of carrus, of Celtic origin; akin to Old Irish & Middle Welsh carr vehicle; akin to Latin currere to run
        1 : a vehicle moving on wheels: as a archaic : CARRIAGE, CHARIOT b : a vehicle designed to move on rails (as of a railroad) c : AUTOMOBILE
        2 : the passenger compartment of an elevator
        3 : the part of an airship or balloon that carries the passengers and cargo

And in that case, you could count Canada's several bus and truck manufacturers as making "cars".

Mike
        Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
        lp.org

Comment

Originally posted by fallingeese
          There is one that springs to mind.

Bricklin, was manufactured in Nova Scotia, and is quite the collectors item.

http://bricklin.org/
          The car was made in New Brunswick by the way.
          My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Bricklin! Got it. Thanks for the replies guys.
            Will F.
            Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Working...
            X