Media File Footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media File Footage

maybe i pay too much attention, but have you ever noticed old file footage when watching the news. if there is an airline, airport, or travel story they play clips of aircraft movements. in my experience, it seems most of it is very outdated.
    the local news covered a story on DL pilots the other night and they showed a L-1011. here in DEN, UA is frequently in the news and they love showing clips of UA 727s and DC10s.
    is it really that difficult to send a crew to the airport twice a year to get some new footage?
    www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Re: Media File Footage

Originally posted by airplanegeek
    is it really that difficult to send a crew to the airport twice a year to get some new footage?
    Is it needed?
    Will F.
    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

It's called file footage. Most people don't notice or don't give a sh!t if its updated or not

Comment

Most people wouldnt notice the difference anyway.
        - The baby will be back -

Comment

And the news people themselves probably don't know anything about aviation...
          Click below.

[http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3669]

Comment

Yeah, most people don't know the difference, so there isn't much point to getting new footage.

The only time updated footage of our airport is ever shown is if we get a new airline (F9) or a special plane (Air Force 1) comes in.
            Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
            ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

A couple weeks ago the Houston paper did a story on CO and they had a picture of a co 747, talk about old.

I am in some file footage at one of the CLL news stations. Everytime they do a story about the airport, there I am , standing behind the ticket counter. You would think they would update the footage at least once a year
              He who expected nothin......aint gonna be deceived-JR

Comment

Originally posted by cal99
                A couple weeks ago the Houston paper did a story on CO and they had a picture of a co 747, talk about old.

I am in some file footage at one of the CLL news stations. Everytime they do a story about the airport, there I am , standing behind the ticket counter. You would think they would update the footage at least once a year
                thank you for being the first and only to actually contribute to the thread.
                www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

Comment

Originally posted by airplanegeek
                  thank you for being the first and only to actually contribute to the thread.
                  How can you say noone else contributed? You were wondering why the media doesn't update their archive files. We told you the reason: because the general public don't care, and they can't tell a difference anyways.

Just because we didn't all share a sympathetic story doesn't mean we didn't contribute...
                  Will F.
                  Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

well, atleast they have planes wich actually served the airline, 2 years ago, when a F-28 crashed into a mountain in south-america(dunno the airline or country anymore) they showed a video of a LH A319(!) taking of at AMS...
                    Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                    - Metzgermeister

Comment

Working...
                    X