No announcement yet.

Left Handed People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a lefty or a righty ... I'm ambidextrous (I think that's what its called?)

I can write with my left or right hand on paper (although generally the right hand is a bit neater), but when I write up onto a wall, or am writing vertically (hypothetically if i were to be writing on a chalkboard), then I can only use my left hand.
    www.acairport.com

Comment

I'm learning to fiddle (trying is the word) and I have to learn as a right handed person. Ever try to find a left handed fiddle player?

Hey G-Dale. Nice coincidence. Both of us being lefties.

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168
        I'm not a lefty or a righty ... I'm ambidextrous (I think that's what its called?)
        Yep.

Is there such a term as semi-ambidextrous? I know several people who were born left-handed but were taught to write using their right hand. One of them can still write pretty neatly with his left hand, while another mainly plays sports (and uses chopsticks) with his left hand.

By the way, I'm a righty.

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

My dad is like that.

Back in the day, SC schools were scared of left handed kids so they taught everyone to write right handed. He plays tennis left handed and plays soccer left-footed. His handwriting is bad because of this, but he made the right career choice...he's a doctor.

Comment

I am left handed, but I am right handed for golf and pool.

Comment

In a Kiwi slang book I read, Left footer was slang for gay.

Hint: not a wise idea to ask people walking past you at school if they are left footers.

Comment

My Mom was the same way, born left handed, but forced to write with her right hand The school's didn't allow you to be left handed and she was hit with a ruler everytime she switched to her left hand. Her writing isn't the greatest.

She has nothing but contempt for school board to this day.

There was a great left handed store in Boston years ago. I don't know if it is still there. It had everything you could imagine for lefties. I have difficulty with right handed power tools, actually "dangerous" is the way by Dad puts it.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                  There was a great left handed store in Boston years ago. I don't know if it is still there. It had everything you could imagine for lefties. I have difficulty with right handed power tools, actually "dangerous" is the way by Dad puts it.
                  Was the store owned by Ned Flanders?

Comment

I'm kind of ambidextrous but I mainly write with my left hand.

Comment

Laptop touch pad - left hand
                      Mouse - right hand
                      Writing - left hand
                      Throwing - left hand
                      Something else - right hand
                      Typing with one hand - left hand
                      Playing FS with a joystick - right hand
                      Adjusting volume on my speakers - right hand
                      Adjusting volume on laptop iwth hotkeys - left hand
                      Turning on lights - usually left hand
                      Holding a drink - usually right hand
                      Priming a 152 - Both hands because the damn thing is so hard to push in

Being able to use both hands period - Priceless

Comment

I'm a right-hander, but strangely, I'm incapable of opening bottles with my right hand, so I use my left hand.

And I pick up the phone with the left hand, but that's because I'm almost deaf on my right ear.

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

Working...
                        X