This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electoral College Thread

This is for posting results only, NOT for debate.

Networks are calling the following:

Georgia: Bush Win
    Kentucky: Bush Win
    Indiana: Bush win
    Vermont: Kerry Win

Current Electoral College Standings: Bush 34, Kerry 3
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

West Virginia: Bush Win

Current Electoral College Standings: Bush 39, Kerry 3
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

They need to get rid of the electoral college......its stupid in my opinion
      GO SIOUX

Comment

Oklahoma: Bush Win
        Tennesse: Bush Win
        Illinois: Kerry Win
        Maine: Kerry Win
        Massachussets: Kerry Win
        Conneticut: Kerry Win

Kerry: 77
        Bush: 66

Comment

Why don't we just wait till the end?
          Will F.
          Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
            Why don't we just wait till the end?
            Or just look here: http://www.yahoo.com/

Comment

Will, baseball season is over and we don't have football during the week, we need something to do.

In all seriousness, the electoral college seems to be a system no longer necessary in this modern time.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                Will, baseball season is over and we don't have football during the week, we need something to do.

In all seriousness, the electoral college seems to be a system no longer necessary in this modern time.

I guess you got a point.
                Will F.

Comment

Originally posted by PHF2ATL
                  They need to get rid of the electoral college......its stupid in my opinion
                  That's what I said!

In 2000, more people voted for Al Gore than George Bush....but who was our president?

It's a sh!tty system that misrepresents the American people.

Comment

I know it was only established because the original writers of the Constitution thought the people couldnt make "wise" decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
                      I know it was only established because the original writers of the Constitution thought the people couldnt make "wise" decisions.
                      Actually as I understand it was to give the more rural, less populated states an equal vote in the process. Otherwise a place like New York would have had a much bigger say in things than bumfu!# Kentucky.
                      Nowadays it probably isn't needed as much as it was then, with the country settled, more or less.
                      George R. Widener
                      Oshkosh, WI USA
                      Aircraft Photos Here
                      Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Originally posted by pullin4u
                        Originally posted by babypurin
                        Actually as I understand it was to give the more rural, less populated states an equal vote in the process. Otherwise a place like New York would have had a much bigger say in things than bumfu!# Kentucky.
                        Nowadays it probably isn't needed as much as it was then, with the country settled, more or less.
                        But does bumfu!# Kentucky really matter? :P
                        Will F.

Comment

102-77...Bush
                          ***My Blog***

Comment

News sites are running VERY slow. More results in a minute...
                            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Bush Victories: North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia

Kerry Victories: Maine, New York, Massachusets, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, DC, Illinois

Bush: 156
                              Kerry: 112

Comment

Working...
                              X