• Show
Clear All

254-252
    - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
      254-252
      Its over now. Bush has won.
      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

YBBN - James

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
          Originally posted by screaming_emu
          ....but yeah, I do think everybody else is wrong. This country is f**d up. More people care about celebritys and what they're up to than current events. An example is a few weeks ago when Japan had the worst typhoon since 1991 killing many more people than were killed in all of the hurricanes in florida last year....it got 20 seconds on the news. Then they went into a minute and a half story on how one of the princes in the UK got into a scuffle with a photography. I understand that everybody is entitled to their own point of view, but in my opinion everybody who wanted to re-elect him is messed up in the head. Unlike most on this board just because I was torn into by the owner I'm not gonna change my story. People here need to get their priorities straight and quit focusing on the trivial stuff in life that doesn't matter.
          I don't think I tore into you at all ... all I said is that I disagree with you. If you consider that being "torn into," then you need to grow some skin.

As I understand it, you have dual citizenship -- in the U.S. and Japan. You seem to be doing quite well here, enjoying all the U.S. has to offer. If you think this country is "f**ked up," as you so eloquently put it, why don't you go to Japan? I'm sure there's some place to learn to fly there, and it would surely be a hell of a lot warmer than North Dakota.

I don't see this country as being "f**cked up" (again, your words) at all. I'm 24 years old -- closer to 24 than 25, actually -- and I see myself as being in a pretty good position. I'm two weeks away from closing on my first home, I enjoy more freedoms than most other countries in the world, I'm not taxed to the tune of 50-60% of my earnings, I have access to the best medical care in the world (and the best of almost everything else, except food ), and, above all, I have the freedom (just like you do) to cast my vote, which counts the same as everyone else's, for the candidate(s) whom I feel best represent me.

You, in turn, have the freedom to disagree with me. And people have the freedom to disagree with you. Almost 4 million more people agreed with me this time than did you. Hey, sh*t happens. I don't think that's any reason to start saying, all of the sudden, that the country which has given you more opportunities than most people in the world is "f**ked up."

In my view, I'm lucky as hell to be an American. Not lucky regarding what I've achieved at a young age -- I worked my ass off, and still do, to be where I am today -- but lucky to have been born into a society where any of the other 270 million people out there has the same opportunity I did to achieve good things, and make a good life for themselves.

So, while I may not agree with certain things going on throughout the world right now (I, like you, see no reason to be in Iraq), I will never be ashamed to walk in another country as an American. If you are, maybe you would be better off there than here.

I'm off to bed now.. work in the morning.

Comment

Really disappointed
            ***My Blog***

Comment

It's over Bush has won. Locked.

Comment

Working...
              X