Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home SWEET Home!!

Hey guys,

After a little over 5 months at sea on the aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis, I am finally back home to US soil. Our homecoming started on Nov. 1 in the AM when we pulled into San Diego's NAS North Island. We were then flown on a C-9 to our final place at NAS Oceana, Virginia Beach, VA and it was the end of an era - the decom. of the F-14s final Western Pacific deployment. We made history.

Kevin

Welcome back Kevin!

Next time your in the D.C. drop me a line.

Comment

welcome back
      GO SIOUX

Comment

Welcome home! Its cool that you got to be part of the F-14's history like that....awesome jet that we'll hate to see go.

You going to be at the Oceana show next year? (it rocked this year )

http://www.starnesphoto.com/aviation
        [LAX / IAD Update 2.27.07]

Comment

Hey Kevin! Welcome back man! I was just thinking of you back on Halloween when iwas at the JAX NAS airshow! Wondering when you were getitng back to VA!

Awesome your back! We'll have to get together in DEcember/January and catch up on things!

-Adam

Comment

Welcome back!!!!

Comment

Welcome back Kevin...thank you for serving our country.
              And neato on the F14's.
              George R. Widener
              Oshkosh, WI USA
              Aircraft Photos Here
              Railroad Pictures Here

Comment

Thanks guys.

Greg - I'm in the DC area til Sunday. I don't have ,y camera with me sine it's broken. Right now, I'm on R&R. Adam, definatly be in JAX for a weekend sometimes in January. You better make it up there.
                Chris - I missed this years show but last week, we had an airshow over the pacific ocean, some of the things I've never seen and experienced before like the F-14s breaking the sound barrier at low altitude, F/A-18s dropping bombs into the ocean, S-3 refueling the Super Hornets in flight, such things like that. Hopefully I'll be a the airshow next year in Ocean if I'm not back at sea.

Kevin

Comment

Kevin, (I like your name... Its mine to)

Welcome back, and let me on behalf of jp.net thanks for serving for the US and North America.
                  -Kevin

Comment

Cool, Kevin. I'd say that was something to see on the ocean.

Are you familiar with Rick Erie ("Corky") who put the Oceana show on? Seems like a good guy (and is understanding of the hobby)....just curious if your paths ever cross.

Chris

http://www.starnesphoto.com/aviation
                    [LAX / IAD Update 2.27.07]

Comment

Welcome home Kevin...whats next?

Comment

No, I haven't met Rick Erie.

What's next?....I'm going to Disneyworld.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                        X